Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Die Facets

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Tuo Li, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Tuo Li

Tuo Li IncGamers Member

Question about Die Facets

A while ago, I made "crazy mod" weapon out of runemaster with 4 die facets and a rare jewel so that it had 23 mods. I dueled my friend with the runemaster on my barb as a joke and ended up killing him because of the die facets on Hell diff. Now, my buddy and I share an account and we're not rich enough to have two "godly" duelers so I was wondering if a suicide barb could be viable in dueling. If there are 4 different die facets in one weapon and the same number in the other weapon, will the 100% chance to cast... cancel each other out. Say there's a 3socket faceted helm with a die light,fire, and cold facet along with the same facet elements socketed in weapons and armor. So would chain lightning occur once or as many as four times? If it does occur those four times, I would seriously consider making this suicide barb.

2. IMCanadian

IMCanadian IncGamers Member

Well bud... I tested this for you. I wouldnt nescessarily recomend a barb 4 a suicide pvper(a psn java zon or psn necro) but it is do-able. What I did was max axe mastery, whirlwind, increased speed and put 1 into battle command. My gear: 2xRuneMaster ettin axe(first one-5-5 fire,5-5 psn,5-5 cold,5-5 light, shael rune)(second one-4xeth runes, shael rune)/andariels visage(socketed with 15 ias jewel)/angelics(rings and ammy)/arachnid mesh/gore riders/mage fist(gloves...I didnt care about them its your choice)/and finally fortitude(now fortitude was not needed, anything with skills is good)
    Ok wut you need to know about this barb is: Just running up and dieing wont work(only on weak trapsins), you have to inflict dmg first, preferably psn cuz it keeps on reducing to zero its its alot. Since psn dmg takes time to work down to zero, you needa live 4 more then one hit, so I think you shuld put skills into battle orders and shout(dont go crazy and max u'll live to long).Get alot of str and dex(where any gear and have good ar)try not to put too much vit. Now back to psn. You need alot! 313 psn sc's r definitly the best but they are about 3ist on east ladda softcore, so that kinda screws over ur making a cheap sucided character. 175 lgs or 100 sc's will be good(about pul I think). Ok once you have your skills,stats,gear,psn you need to duel. What you do is run up, ww straight threw and keep running. Run as long as you can. Soon you'll no the appx time of ur psn and u'll be good. So i guess thats it. YOUR BARB IS VIABLE. Any q's just post here or pm i'll check bak tho.

3. Tuo Li

Tuo Li IncGamers Member

Well, thanks a lot for testing it. I think I'll be starting a character similar to the one you tried. I still have a nagging question though. Say the runemaster has those four facets and your also wearing a four socket armor with four die facets. Would the facets stack to be 200% chance of casting... or would the effects come twice?