Question about Decripify/Clay Golem

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Decripify/Clay Golem

Hey all,

I was wondering about this: with all my +skills, my Clay Golem is level 28 with only one hard point. This means he slows monsters by 67%. If we just consider the slowing effect, is it still necessary to use Decripify to cause a 'lock-down' on bosses? If it isn't, I could use Amplify Damage instead against bosses. Even if this slowing isn't enough, I could always get a Cold Mage to help the slowing.

If we do consider the reduced physical damage, except for the Ubers, there's no boss around that has a chance against my 50/52 skellies anyway. It's just that they can be annoying (especially Baal) with those skills they have. But perhaps the mini-Ubers don't have to be Decripified with this amount of slow. This would mean I can kill them way faster than before and therefore would be less of a bother. But I'd hate to find out it doesn't work and lose a keyset in the progress...

So, what are your thoughts?

Mongun

Diabloii.Net Member
If you believe your main killing power source to be your skeletons, which I think at 50/52 they just might be, you can probably forego the use of a "good" weapon on your merc and get Kelpie's Snare (first one that comes to mind). It has slow target on it, which will help some more with the slow leaving you free to use amp. You can also up the Kelpie and if you're just using the merc for delivering CB, the damage will still be there.

There might be other better weapons with Slow Target out there but that's the only spear type that I can think of right now. If on the other hand you have faith or something like that, well I think that might be sacrificing too much for slow. The Doom runeword with Holy Freeze might work on certain monsters as well.

Arkardo

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, upping my Kelpie Snare sounds good; this way I can use an Iron Golem with CB and Amplify Damage, at the cost of reduced damage from my Mercenary.

Doom is good, too. But cold damage is also available from mages. Less convinient, but it still works for me. :azn:

Perfect Hatred

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey all,

I was wondering about this: with all my +skills, my Clay Golem is level 28 with only one hard point. This means he slows monsters by 67%. If we just consider the slowing effect, is it still necessary to use Decripify to cause a 'lock-down' on bosses? If it isn't, I could use Amplify Damage instead against bosses. Even if this slowing isn't enough, I could always get a Cold Mage to help the slowing.

If we do consider the reduced physical damage, except for the Ubers, there's no boss around that has a chance against my 50/52 skellies anyway. It's just that they can be annoying (especially Baal) with those skills they have. But perhaps the mini-Ubers don't have to be Decripified with this amount of slow. This would mean I can kill them way faster than before and therefore would be less of a bother. But I'd hate to find out it doesn't work and lose a keyset in the progress...

So, what are your thoughts?
The Standard tactics for bosses (Ubers included) is this:
1. Start by decreptifying the boss to calm him down (=reduce the number of annoying actions from the boss)

2. Teleport your army on top of the boss and step back.

3. Wait for your clay golem to land his first hit. This takes only 2-3 seconds if your merc is using infinity since conviction cuts the bosses defence to a low number.

4. Now change curse to amplify damage since the Clay golem slow is enough to keep the bosses from using any annoying skills (eg Baals teleport, Liliths poison nova)

So nn to bother with more slowing equipment since your Golems has it all already. The addition of more slow wont make any difference.