Question about Death

Joshebo

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Death

I know that if you die once in SP, if you restart the game your corpse will be there for you in town.

My question is what if you die twice and then manage to recover your second death, but not your first (your corpse that has all the loot on it). If I were to restart the game then would my corpse (and the loot) be in town?

Thanks for your answers.

fbmferinctt

Diabloii.Net Member
yes if you die once and then di again and dont grab your body with all your equipment on it will respawn in town as long as you didnt pick up and wear any other armor etc.. then your body wont reapear

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Awww, the Mods are playing ping-pong. :grin:

Isn't there a limit of 16 bodies, though? But the most expensive gear (if sold) is kept?

scwormy

Diabloii.Net Member

Isn't there a limit of 16 bodies, though? But the most expensive gear (if sold) is kept?
That is correct, which could mean that you lose your good body since quite often the unique items will actually sell for relatively little...

I'm not sure how the game calculates amounts > 35k. Does the system cap out at 35 or does it keep going.

If so, if you were to pick up a wand for example with multiple + skills, this could be worth more than all of your other equipment combined. I remember a thread a couple years ago when someone sold a superior necro head and to buy it back it would cost more than the max stash + carry amount on a level 99 character.

So if he had died, and picked this item up ONLY, quit the game...I'm wondering which body he'd have.

jrlafrance

Diabloii.Net Member

Crazy Runner Guy said:
Correct, 16 bodies max and if you s&e, the body with the most expensive gear is left.

crg
scwormy said:
That is correct, which could mean that you lose your good body since quite often the unique items will actually sell for relatively little...<snip>
Did you all test this out just for fun? :hide:

Joshebo

Diabloii.Net Member
And removed to SP.:jig: :hide:
Thanks for moving it mods - I messed up and had posted it in the wrong forum.

This situation happened to me yesterday. I died in a bad spot and when I went to another area to raise some skeletons, I died again. I managed to get my second body and wondered if I should take a risk and save and exit so I would get my corpse back in town with all my gear with it. I decided to not do it as the fear of losing everything was too much and after some of the most intense moments in my Diablo II experience, I got my first body with all my gear back.

Needless to say, I would rather avoid that experience so that is why I figured I would ask the experts.

But thanks for answering. That really helps.