Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about Dclone "misswalks"

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ArcTeryx, Nov 8, 2006.

1. ArcTeryx

ArcTeryx Diabloii.Net Member

Question about Dclone "misswalks"

I was rushing someone in a hell game, and all of the sudden the sojs started selling really fast. Sold about 100 total in three jumps. Then Dclone walked the Earth. The screen darkened and shook and everything. Yay! I've been waiting forever for this.

However, when I started looking for him, he wasn't anywhere around. I was killing Eldritch at the time (he was dead), then I tped to Stony Field to look for him. But only Rak was there. Does this just mean that this was a miswalk? When I keep joining the game, it stills says "Diablo Walks the Earth" at the top of the screen. Should I ditch the game or just keep looking harder? Thanks for the help.

2. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

Probably someone has spawned him somewhere already, so you didn't see him.

3. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

Try going to some act that you haven't been to yet, and then look for a Super Unique.

4. ArcTeryx

Well you were exactly right. He was in Tristram. The guy who killed Rak went in the portal then went right out, so he didnt know he was there. But he was in there hiding for me. My fishymancer surprisingly only took about 45 sec. - 1 min. to kill him. Got 15 pit lords, full skellies and mages, and my crushing blow merc, and he bit the dust hard. Thanks for the suggestion! Oh and my first ever anni was 13/20/9. Yay!

5. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Good lord. 45-60 seconds on Uber D with a Fishy? I don't think that even mine could pull that off...that must be one intense merc you got there. Also, nice Anni...kinda. Good job!

6. ArcTeryx

Ah, he's not that good. He has an Obedience Eth thresher (40% CB), Duress armor (15% CB), and he was wearing a Gface (35% CB). He had 90% crushing blow, and deals about 6k dmg, so he helped shave off the life pretty quickly. I think the Might'd Pit Lords helped a lot too.

7. bertskarzi

bertskarzi Diabloii.Net Member

hey hey! i just had dclone pop for me in the last couple days too! and my anni was 14-20-9

8. ArcTeryx

Aw! Ya just beat me!

9. ArchsageVal

ArchsageVal Diabloii.Net Member

fisheymancers are godly untwinked :D My hunterdin (dclone hunter i made) got like 20 secs, funny ****. I think my uberdin can hit around the same time.

10. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath Diabloii.Net Member

A miswalk is a term I see carelessly thrown out far too often... What the term means is that a server popped, but the bots that report the activity either in the in game channels or the IRC channels did not catch it... Thus, when you go into one of said channels, the top reports will be wrong... It will say something like ".59 up 147"... Within a few minutes to a couple of hours, the bots will be updated, and the counts will be accurate again...

As far as I know, the only way to have the Diablo walks message, and not get a DClone, is to 1) have killed all super unique monsters in the game before the message appears, 2) spawn all super unique monsters in the game before the message appears, 3) be in a public game, and not be fast/clever enough, or 4) Connection Interupted/B.net eats the game...

On a side note to the OP: Congrats on the anni!

*Requiem_Death

11. Klæmint Vágadal

Klæmint Vágadal Diabloii.Net Member

I have read that if you kill Diablo, the plain one in CS, Dclone can not spawn. One guy from this forum tryed it, don't really remember who it was.

12. RequiemDeath

RequiemDeath Diabloii.Net Member

I'm quite sure that it isn't true... I've heard the same thing, tried it out myself, and he still spawned for me... I would like to do more research on this, but for now, since he still spawned for me when I did try, I'm standing by my words here...

If you kill Hell Diablo in the CS, DClone will still spawn for you... However, better safe than sorry... Right? You can always take him out after you get the Anni... ^_^

*Requiem_Death

13. k/t

k/t Banned

I thought "miswalk" meant that DClone doesn't spawn even after lots of SOJ are sold.

Also, I was told recently that someone once spawned DClone at Hephasto, led him back to Diablo and both disappeared. I don't know how true that is, but there you go.

14. ArcTeryx

Leading Dclone from Heph to Diablo sounds incredibly difficult. Imagine leading him along the walkways right before the chaos sanc...

15. windwingwind

windwingwind Diabloii.Net Member

90% CB on him and you say he's not that good ^^

Congratz on the anni :thumbsup:

16. IntelligentX

IntelligentX Diabloii.Net Member

I understand why he says he's not good.
    He is probably a perfectionist, so missing 10% of CB means the paladin isn't good :azn:

17. k/t

k/t Banned

It was a merc, not a Paladin.

18. ArcTeryx

Hey, hey, hey. I was just referring to the fact that all of the gear I have is pretty cheap. It's certainly not godly. He doesn't have an Infinity/Fortitiude or Chains of Honor/Crown of Ages or anything. He does have 90% CB and deals decent damage, but he was made rather cheaply.

19. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj Diabloii.Net Member

I'd say he would out-perform an Infinity-Fort-CoA-CoH-whatever merc, purely because of all that CB. Your skellys and revives are what stack up the majority of the physical damage, mages for ranged elemental and chilling/PMH, so that just leaves your merc, so you may as well stock him full of CB while you're at it to make the most of him.

My Fishy's merc has an eth Obedience Thresher too, but a Tal's mask and Shaftstop. I do suppose that Guill's face would make a logical choice, but I love the leech on Tal's and I'm too lazy to flash around Life Tap when he needs healing.