Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about cut-throats.

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by xpumafangx, Sep 22, 2006.

1. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Question about cut-throats.

I have one thats eth onladder and I am thinking about selling them off or up grading then selling. I heard they where good for martail arts assassin. But since my assassin expirnce is limted as in I never made one. I would like to know a good number of things about these claws before I tryed to judge these claws. So ya this is kind of a price check thing. But I dont want to know the worth. I want to know the demand/usefulness more then the price. Why I didnt walk into the trading treads and I walked into here.

thank you in addvance for any feed back.

2. tsangd

tsangd IncGamers Member

Honestly, I can't think of any viable assassin build that uses bartucs as its ideal weapon nowadays. In my opinion, its more of a 2nd or 3rd tier weapon for assassin builds. The current viable builds include:

WWsin or any hybrid variant - ideally chaos and fury/fools
    Bartucs can be a good option as a 2nd claw with its added AR, but it lacks some of the things fury and a good fools claw can possibly provide. These things include open wounds, and + to specific asn skills.

Bladefurysin - ideally an ethereal weapon with Crushing blow, chance to cast, and other mods I cant think of at the moment (like eth stormlash) Or for major physical dmg, a last wish zerker.
    A Ber'ed Etheral Bartucs is a descent weapon option, but again its not ideal b/c its dmg is low (I think it goes to about 250?)

Kicker - for PvM, ideally a weapon similar to one a bladefurysin uses. For PvP, there are better options like deaths web (to enhance poison dmg, but you shud be familiar with that with Rabies)

The only builds I can think of that it would be useful for are Pheonix Striker builds and other dragon claw variant builds. But unfortunatley, since they're not too popular nowadays, the demand for eth tucs arent too high.

Theres probably other builds I forgot to mention, but I think i covered the gist of it. In conclusion, tucs arent in high demand nowadays, but its very good for moderately twinked builds and pheonix strikers.

3. xpumafangx

Ok thank you for your time and explanation.

4. gregorya

gregorya IncGamers Member

Tsangd, you name various weapon options which are all non-claw and superior to Bartcus. But don't some people want to use claw block, which requires you to be using claws, which in turn can make bartuc's a good choice?

5. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

The only situation where Bartucs is the best claw when used for claw block is on a Kicker who goes dual claw.

Then the 30 fhr, 2 skills, dual stats, low reqs, nice fast base speed are just about the best option for an offhand claw...

Other builds which would want to utilise claw block usually can find better offhand claws...fury / fools for a WWer...2/3 or 3/3 trap claw for a trapper...

Furysins generally want to use a high damage weapon, which does not equate to a claw...shame though..

6. Silent Shaddow

Silent Shaddow IncGamers Member

ive been wondering about this,
    mained aimed at Arbe but generally, what about a c/c elemental strikers? ie phoenix/CoT etc? bartucs seems 2 have alot going for in this build
    -silent

7. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Bartuc's is the best off-claw to your stated elemental C/C 'sin aka Phoenix Striker. Mine uses full Nat's set, Bartuc's as off-claw, and with a BKWB, reaches slvl BoS (with only 1 hard point invested), which allows me to reach the fastest attack speeds for both elemental and strike charge-ups.

8. Lyndis

Lyndis IncGamers Member

What's BKWB? And what level did you get your BoS up to after items?

9. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

BKWB = Bul-Kathos Wedding Band.

Personally I think that outside of some theoretical rares, Bartuc's is still the best weapon for an elemental charge-up user, whether it's offhand or primary. But no, there aren't a ton of people playing those around, and a significant portion of them won't have anything to do with an eth version.

10. FrostBurn

Oops, I forgot to add in '11' after the slvl. :embarassed:

Note that with my stated setup, and Nat's claw as primary, no other extra source of IAS is required.

Of course, I am indebted to Ilkori, BeB, and a couple of others for helping me build my Phoenix Strikers earlier this year.

11. xpumafangx

They dont want the eth version because they dont really need the added phy damage, because they want to sheal it for the extra ias, or some other resson?

12. BIGeyedBUG

They're not as dependent on the damage and they're usually PvMers, and non-grinders at that (Nobody makes Phoenix Strikers expressly to make Baal or Trist runs for instance) and so not as hungry for every possible edge.

I'd guess that a larger portion of the people who play these builds tend to be challenge build types too, and consequently very often legit and zod-adverse too...but I'm just speculating there. And maybe doing some projecting. :prop:

Anyway, I'm sure you'll get some interest in the claws regardless.

13. FrostBurn

The eth version of Bartuc's on a Phoenix Striker isn't going to offer much more damage, especially when considering that Phoenix Strike's 2nd charge releases 3000-4000 average lightning damage, and 2000+ average fire damage (and per second after) on PS's 1st charge.

If your eth version is used as the off-claw, then a Shael is pointless, as IAS on the off-claw does not contribute to faster attacks. I also would imagine that Nat's claw will always be used as the main-claw, since it has ITD, which is extremely handy for building up charges really fast.

14. Arbedark

Sorry, but Bartucs aren't the best claw for a phoenix striker. :smiley:

Yes, they have some really nice stats, and they are the best bang for your buck, but a better allround option would be a:

3 MA GT's with IAS and 3 Phoenix Strike, preferably with 2 sockets and 2 other skills such as claw block and BoS or Fade...

:wave:

15. FrostBurn

I gieb yuo SoJ 4 tis claw, okie? :badteeth:

Indeed, that looks like the ultimate claw for a Phoenix Striker.

16. Arbedark

As I said, It would be the best possible :laugh:

But yes, Bartucs would give much better performance for cost ratio. :thumbsup:

But meh, just proving a point.

17. BIGeyedBUG

For my part, I did say "Outside of some theoretical rares..." :p Because I do think a +2 Assassin claw beats +3 MA overall for a Phoenix striker. And since the former can spawn on rares... Fool's Witchhunters Mechanics Runic Talons of Quickness with two other rare suffixes of your choice and 3 +3 staffmods, anyone? :jig:

18. Jerrett

Jerrett IncGamers Member

I personally think that Dual Bartucs are a fantastic claw setup for assassins that focus on the martial arts tree. They go for near dirt cheap and the skills bonus that you get from them is fantastic. They shine even more if you decide to upgrade them. The primary reason for this? Melee builds that do not focus on the assassin auras. In this situation, Treachery is a godsend. For no skill investment at all you can get the IAS of BOS, the resistances of Fade, and the damage of Venom all at the same time. This lets you have a lot more points to play with to synergize your strikes or max out your shadow master. In my opinion, in a build that uses Bartuc's, Bartuc's, and Treachery; you're sitting with +6 to assassin skills, +2 additional to martial arts, 80% faster hit recovery, and the ability to trigger some nifty abilities through the treachery armor.