Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about creating avatars

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Chief JB, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

Question about creating avatars

After seeing the zombie babies and SCG's baby killer avatars, I've wondered how I might go about creating my own.

Am I wrong in assuming you used Flash to make them? I do have Flash, but know hardly anything about it. I was able to save the avatars on my computer and then open them in flash and play them in there. So I studied those for a few minutes and tried setting up something similar and simple.

I have the movie area in a size small enough to fit as an avatar and I'm able to watch it play with flash open. What I need help with is getting that small moving clip from Flash to here. I attempted to export the movie and change it's type, but it didn't really work out for me and I'm not sure I'm doing it right at all.

Any tips would be helpful. If you used some other sort of program other than Flash then I'll probably just give up on the idea of making one.

Thanks for the help.

2. Painman

Painman IncGamers Member

Most folks use animated .GIF files, they're pretty easy to make and there's lots of proggies out there to make 'em with. Even a couple of free ones I think. I make mine with Animation Shop which is part of Paint Shop Pro.

3. Chief JB

Chief JB IncGamers Member

I'll check that out, thanks for the help.

4. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

If you're using Flash, just export it as an animated .GIF

took some tinkering on my part tho before i could get those to run at the right speeds

5. SomeCanadianGuy

SomeCanadianGuy IncGamers Member

I use a sister-program to flash. Macromedia Fireworks. I'm too lazy to relearn my stuff with Photoshop, so I fart around in Fireworks and figure everything out here. I don't know how to do it using Flash MX though... There's an export wizard in Fireworks that you can use to configure all the properties of the image you want to export. Everything from target size (in kb) to what colors are used, to the type of file it's saved as. It's great, easy, and I'm lazy, so it works. :thumbsup: