Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about crafting

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by sunflowersmooth, Oct 22, 2006.

1. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth Diabloii.Net Member

Question about crafting

I searched arreat summit and some threads but still have a question about crafting. It says at character level 71, there is a 100 percent chance to get 4 additional properties. Does that mean past lvl 71, character level is no longer relevant?

I've decided to test my luck and try to craft some bowazon gloves just for kicks. I was thinking magical vambraces or the drac looking gloves because they are elite. I don't think str requirements would be a problem...

And lastly, properties of the identified gloves do not last, correct? The item is completely crafted anew?

Any crafting advice is welcome.

thanks.

2. sunflowersmooth

sunflowersmooth Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry the edit time has expired.

I tried crafting, so I know that it doesn't retain any properties. Is it possible to craft a crafted item? For instance, if I had a base vampirebone gloves and didn't like the crafting result. Could I use the same gloves and throw another jewel gem and rune in with it?

3. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus Diabloii.Net Member

After level 71, character level only determines what mods will be available.

All mods on the original item are irrelevant. However, note that the Item level of the gloves will matter, so either shop with a high level character or use gloves dropped from Hell monsters.

Crafting requires magic items. Crafted =/= Magic. So no, you can't re-use the same gloves for crafting.

4. pure

pure Diabloii.Net Member

some ppl says the pest crafting lvl is over 96 lvl is that true or so?

5. seralph

seralph Diabloii.Net Member

It's 93. You need to buy the magic item in a shop so it'has at least ilvl88. For crafted items ilvl is (ilvl of the magic item + clvl) / 2. The highest afix lvl (+2 to all skills of a class) is for amulets 90. Gloves and belts have not as high alvl's anyway.

What to craft? Casterrecipe (amethysts) for amulets. You hope for +2 to skills and 20 fcr,afixes like life resi mana etc are welcome too. Bloodrecipe (rubys) for gloves and belts. Gloves with ml and ll 20 ias high cb, and other nice mods are wanted and for belts high OW, leach resi life etc.

6. TheForsaken

TheForsaken Diabloii.Net Member

When its talking about lvl 71, it is talking about item level, not character level. Once the item you have is ilvl 71 or higher, it will always have 4 additional properties; the properties themselves depend on your clvl.