Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question about crafting

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by KeNnY-DK, Apr 25, 2005.

1. KeNnY-DK

KeNnY-DK IncGamers Member

question about crafting

I know this has been up a lot of times, but i was looking through a thread called something like "rares and crafted pictures" in the statistic forum and the crafted items some of the people have there is just amazing, so i looked through the arreat summit to figure out how to craft items, but was put down when i saw the outcome of the different craftings... none of them had + to skills or well... basicly none of the godly stuff i saw in that thread, so could someone tell me what u do to aquire so great crafted items? like which items do i need to use?

thanks in advance

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

In order to have a chance get e.g. +2 to skills on crafted amulets, ensure that charlevel/2 + itemlevel/2 >= 90 with both terms being rounded down.

To put it simple: To ensure that you get a level X item, a you need a level X+3 character who gambles the magical item and crafts it. The reason is that gambled items have an item level from X-5 to X+4 with X being the character level.

You can estimate the minimum item level of a gambled item as well by checking the affix level whch must not be smaller than the item level. For example, only L90+ magical amulets can have +2 to all skills, so if you have one you can be sure that it's L90 or higher and to craft that into an amulet which has the chance to get the +2 skills affix again, you need a L90+ character.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

The arreat summit list the 3-4 "fixed" abilities of crafted items. 1-4 random affixes (taken from the same pool as rare items) will also be added. It will always get 4 random abilities if the resulting item level is at least 70.

If you take a closer look at those crafted items, you can always spot the fixed abilities listed on the arreat summit, then figure out the random affixes from there.

To have a chance of +skills, you have to craft base items that can get +skills, like amulets (all classes), gloves (amazon skill trees and assassin Martial Arts), weapons (barbs), spears/javelins (amazon J&S skills), etc.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Nitpicking: It's Ilvl 71 or higher for 4 additional affixes.

5. KeNnY-DK

KeNnY-DK IncGamers Member

thanks a lot for the answers.. i dont really understand everything tbh but i see that i can get more affixes than i thought at first, meaning ill have to try crafting now :)
    ill probably figure it out myself at some point and if i need a specific affix ill just ask you pro's here :)
    once again, thanks for the help