Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about crafted items

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by isengart, Mar 22, 2005.

1. isengart

isengart IncGamers Member

Question about crafted items

I have just tried to craft another caster amulet with my AQT III druid. He is lvl 52 now and I used an Amulet of Inner Sight for the recipe.

The caster amu that I got has the following mods:

Corruption Mark
    Amulet
    Required Level: 34
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 35
    Fingerprint: 0xa3f1c70e
    +17 to Mana
    Regenerate Mana 6%
    10% Faster Cast Rate
    Poison Length Reduced by 75%
    Level 2 Inner Sight (17/37 Charges)

Does this crafted amulet have the inner sight charges by fortune?
    Is there a higher probability to get the mods that the original items had?
    I used to think, crafting items is a completely random process but this amulet makes me unsure...

2. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Yes
    No
    It is. The outcoming ilvl is the average of the incoming ilvl and the character level. Then, the outcoming ilvl is used for detemining which affixes the item can get. For amulets, it´s a simple process, but for most weapons/armor, the qlvl (i.e. what base type of item it is) is also important.

Then there is also the factor of the probabilities for how many (1-4) random affixes you will get. I am not sure exactly how that works, but I do know that after a certain point in the game, all crafted items will get 4 random affixes.

3. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

It's just pure luck that you got inner sight back on that craft.

The ilvl of any craft is "(0.5ilvlin) + (0.5clvl) = ilvlout" where the calculations in the ( ) are rounded down.

The game doesn't know anything about the different affixes other than each affix has a certian place in a function the game does. IE the game is ignorant (meaning not knowing), the game has no knowledge of what is a good affix. Also the game is ignorant and doesn't see any preset affixes based on your input item, IE amulet of luck in does not give you any better chance of getting the of luck suffix when the craft is completed.

When a game does a craft for example an amulet it only sees an amulet of X ilvl then it spawns affixes for that amulet based on the ilvl. Simply put the item type and ilvl are the only 2 things the game gets from the craft, nothing more this is why affixes on the item don't matter.

4. isengart

isengart IncGamers Member

thanks for the answers, I have read the formula some time ago, I am sure, but I did not have it at hand (at brain would fit better here ;)).

Do you have an URL to a list of the possible affixes at hand? so I can see which ilvl the amu must be to be able to get i.e. + to all skills or +3 to
    skilltrees.

EDIT: another question comes to my mind:

concerning the formula: are both items, the jewel and the amulet, taken into the formula or is it just the amulet? If both items are taken in, how are they calculated? - is it the arithmetic average of the added halves of the ilvls?

5. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

The status of the jewel has no impact at all.

This is a lovely little utility, once you get used to it (read the help carefully). Site seems to be down for the moment, though.

Amulets are extra easy to figure out the affix level for, because it´s equal to the outcoming item level.
    d2data.net should have the answers you need.

BTW, you can´t get +3 to a skill tree on a rare/crafted amulet...

6. Blascid

Blascid IncGamers Member

I once Crafted Gloves(Blood) that came out pretty nice with Magic Find(24), when I used a Jewel that gave like 7 MF, but it is all random, just luck I guess..

7. jrlafrance

jrlafrance IncGamers Member

The higher level Jewel has no affect on the outcome of the crafted item? That kinda sucks if thats true. I was about to craft some blood gloves, and I was wondering about ilvl of the jewel too. Good thing I searched the forum! So from what I've read, nothing affects the gloves (that I'm trying to craft) other than the ilvl of the gloves, and my clvl? Kinda sucks that the ilvl of the jewel has no weight in the matter. Anyway, good info here, thanks guys and girls! :clap:

EDIT: AS states this:

"Magic Heavy Gloves/Sharkskin Gloves/Vampirebone Gloves".

Now, does the "magic" part of the apply only to Heavy Gloves, or to all three grades? I found some etheral vamp gloves, and was wondering if I could use those to craft?

8. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

The magic requirement is for all items to be crafted, regardless of whether they are the normal, exceptional or elite version of the item.

I don't think that ethereal is a problem, and I think the resulting crafted item will not be ethereal. I'm not 100% on this, though.

9. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

If you craft ethereal items, the end product will not be ethereal. I've done so before. IIRC, being ethereal is like a "mod" where 5% of your items would be like that, so its "random" That said, I've never crafted an ethereal pair of gloves in my whole D2 career.

There's a good discussion on crafting blood gloves here from the amazon forum. The important points are towards the back.

10. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Ethereal is an auto-affix similar to that of "supierior", "cracked", "damaged", etc. It is rolled during the drop phase of the item thus will not occur to items changed by the game.

The only way to manipulate an ethereal item is with charisi's imbue, the item will retain the etherealness during the imbue, hence ethereal dimentional blades are often imbued hoping for cruel and some other ED% affix to spawn together. Those uber powerful phaseblades are often made that way.

Ethereal is a 5% chance of spawning when an item is dropped and that is for every item less those that have the indistructable affix. Many uniques can not drop ethereal.

As for where to get affix information I use D2Data.net it gives a nice listing and is fairly accurate for 1.10.