Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about charms... (yes again!)

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Agateryon, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

Question about charms... (yes again!)

Ok so if i get a grand charm from diablo it will be considered as a baal charm right? and so if i get one of these i can reroll it in my mule, it wont change the possiblities of getting a skiller right?

2. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

The magic item reroll recipe does not look at the clvl of the char doing the rerolling --- so yes, it doesn't matter whether your lvl 1 mule or your lvl 99 baalbotter does it.

3. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

While not technically a "Baal charm," charms from Baal and Diablo (and Nihilac, or howerver you spell it,) are all lvl 99, so there is no difference in possible mods they can have. In other words, it is identical to a Baal charm other than the fact that it didn't come from Baal.

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Incorrect, if you get a Grand Charm from Diablo, that does not make it a Baal Charm. A Baal charm is only a Small or Grand Charm dropped by Baal himself in hell mode.

Though a Diablo dropped GC or Sc in hell can still roll some good mods on it.

5. Agateryon

Agateryon IncGamers Member

what i ment is that if i can get the same mods with a diablo charm

6. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

Im 99% sure that diablo and Nihlathak dont have mlvl 99, and therefore dont drop ilvl 99 items.

Edit: arreat summit has diablo at 94 and nihlie at 92.

IIRC a GC dropped by diablo has the same affixes as a GC dropped by baal, so for rerolling purposes, they are equivalent.

edit: the closest GC affix alvl to 99 is the "vita" at 91 according to arreat summit, therefore GC's dropped by diablo, nihlie and baal are equivalent for rerolling

For sc this is not true, as a baal sc can get other mods that a diablo sc can not.

Edit: seems that im wrong about scs, as the highest sc affix is also alvl 91 according to arreat summit

7. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

Maybe the next ladder will add charm mods above lvl 91????:uhhuh:

8. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Nah... we'll get mods lvl 100-lvl 110, so that only dclone can produce them. Since dclone only drops annis we'll get a cube recipe --- 11 HRs (any kind) + anni -> magic small charm with same ilvl.

Not only would this remove some dupes, it would also be a great opportunity to scam people. Especially since the server code will also be changed, to always report ilvl 1 to the client --- so map**** can still be used for cheating, but it will no longer reveal the ilvl of an item.