Question about charms and equipment...

Gavindale Marchovia

Diabloii.Net Member
A couple quick questions for gamers out there... in Diablo II, most of my inventory is taken up with charms of various sizes (small to grand). Here is a list of the charms I currently have...

Large - +3 Strength
Grand - +16 poison damage over 4 seconds, +3 Dexterity
Small - +1 Dexterity, fire resist +5%
Large - +3 Strength
Large – add 1-2 fire damage
Grand - +3 Dexterity
Small - +7 life
Large – add 1-6 lightning damage, +3 Mana
Small - +4 max stamina, 9% extra gold from monsters
Small – add 1-2 cold damage
Large, +3 Dexterity
Large – add 1-2 fire damage, fire resist +4%
Grand - +4 Strength, poison resist +10%

Which of these charms can I sell to free up space in my inventory? I'm at the point where, with all the charms in my inventory, I have little room for items found in the battlefield. I have to find something, go back to town, sell that item, go back out into the field, etc. btw, I am a level 18 Paladin, with gold maxed out in my stash and decent equipment on my person. Oh, a quick question – I have found that the title of equipment in the game (weapons, armor, etc) are in various colors – white, gray, blue, green, etc. - what do the colors mean?

Gavindale Marchovia

Diabloii.Net Member
What discretion should I use in the future to know what charms to keep and which to sell? I ask this now so that I don't have to log in here and post a question every time I come across a new charm.

fmulder

Site Contributor
In general charms that offer resistances are the most useful. Especially to lightning and fire.
Stamina, extra gold, dexterity and strength not so much. (Unless you need extra stregth to wear a piece of equipment).

So the grand and large charm that both give only +3 to dexterity should go. The 2 large charms that give +3 strength should also go if you have enough strength.

The ones that provide extra damage are okay but I would suggest selling the large that only gives 1-2 fire damage. Note that you have another large one that adds the same amount but also adds fire resistance.

As for the item colours, white = normal, gray = socketed or ethereal, blue = magic, yellow = rare, gold = unique, green = set.

The wiki here provide a lot of useful information about the items in the game:
http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Item

Hope this helps.