Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question About Character Sheet Stats

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by enginekid, Oct 20, 2010.

1. enginekid

enginekid Diabloii.Net Member

Question About Character Sheet Stats

What is the amount each stat raises when I add a point to it?

My character is a level 91 Paladin:

Strength = 195
    Vitality = 195
    Dexterity = 140
    Energy = 15

I have five points to spend and am at a loss as to where i should put them now. I am single player only v1.13. Seems like I can survive any fight now. I am only PvM so i do not need PvP stats. I have been thinking maybe I should pump the rest into either strength or dexterity. Strength in case i find some item that requires high strength to wear, like some super cool armor. But then I think, I could always get that strength through item mods. So maybe i should pump it into dexterity to help me hit more? But if dexterity doesn't go up much per point then maybe it's a waste? And there is never anything wrong with adding it to vitality, but it seems like it could be more useful else where, and i don't want to do it, then later kick myself because I find Tyrael's Armor or something, and do not have the strength to use it, and do not want to change my setup to get the strength from inferior items.

edit:

found this at arreat summit but it says nothing about dex and str. and the game manual at diablo wiki says nothing.

Attribute Point Effect
    1 Vitality point gives 3 Life
    1 Vitality point gives 1 Stamina
    1 Energy point gives 1.5 Mana

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  2. SnickerSnack

SnickerSnack Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Question About Character Sheet Stats

This has a lot of the relevant info.

As for how much life you get for a point in vita (for paladins):

1 Vitality point gives 3 Life
    1 Vitality point gives 1 Stamina
    1 Energy point gives 1.5 Mana

Maybe you were joking about Tyreal's Might since it doesn't require any strength but rather gives 20 to 30 strength. :p

In general, I usually pump vita on most of my characters, but I have made a glasscannon strafe/multi-zon and I'm questing a base vita hunter druid right now. If your paladin has no trouble staying alive, then you could spend more in strength, but I wouldn't put any more points in dex than is needed for max block unless you're having serious trouble hitting things and you can't get AR from gear and you also don't have spare skill points for Blessed Aim (passive AR bonus).

Iirc, you're doing Baal runs with your zealot? In that case, I'd put more points into vita. I don't think you should put more points in str based on the possibility that you might find a good weapon that needs higher later. (1) you can respec later if need be, and (2) I don't think any one-hand melee weapons require more than 195 str. I assume that you're using a shield.

3. enginekid

blessed aim gives passive bonus to AR?

i had no idea. i have no clue what skills give passive bonuses~!

oh and i think i meant templars might. says it needs 232 str
    you know if i found that i couldnt wear it

i went into the game, and turned on blessed aim, which turns off fanatisism, and my AR goes down!
    of course blessed aim is only 5 and fanatism is 25. the descxription doesn't say it gives passive AR when not active

4. SnickerSnack

Yes, BA gives +5% to your AR per hard point when it is off. This skill calculator should list all effects, even hidden ones.

If you put 20 points into BA, you will have a hidden bonus of 100% to your AR, however, it stacks with other bonuses. So, if you have +160% from Fanaticism, then your total % bonus will be 260%. Right now, with your current skill levels, you have a bonus of 185%. (Well, zeal has some too.)

I don't know if the Lying Character Screen accurately reflects this bonus.

I wouldn't worry about finding Templar's Might. It's very rare, and not that good an armor anyway.

5. enginekid

thanks for the info
    i wish i knew all this stuff *before* getting to 91 :)

6. SnickerSnack

No problem. Glad to help. :thumbup: