Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about CE

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by peterlin, Feb 11, 2004.

1. peterlin

peterlin IncGamers Member

Question about CE

My question are whether CE damage is considered as half physical and half fire? And whether socceress's enchant enhences CE damage? Thanks.

2. SphynxCG

SphynxCG IncGamers Member

yes, CE damage is 50% fire and 50% physical.

I am pretty sure enchant does not add to CE damage, but I haven't tested that myself so dont hold me to it. I was under the impression that enchant adds fire to weapon damage, not spells. If enchant added fire damage to spells, then every fire sorc would have it. no, I dont think enchant adds to CE fire damage.

Another question though - do fire facets add to CE fire damage and lower enemy fire resist? I have no idea. I know that facets dont add to assassin's traps though.

3. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Enchant adds fire damage to your weapon. Spells are not affected at all, not even those that deal physical damage.

The idea about Fire Mastery and Corpse Explosion does have some merit though.

4. MelFrank

MelFrank IncGamers Member

The only way to increase CE damage is to lower resistance to physical and fire damage.
    Fire Facets would work to lower enemy fire resistance, thus increasing the fire damage component of CE.

Fire Mastery has no effect on CE, although CE does fire damage it is not a fire spell.

Mel

5. tremak

tremak IncGamers Member

So theres a difference between fire spell and fire skill? First time I had magefist on it took me a good 5 minutes to figure out what was giving +1 to CE.

6. Logic_X

Logic_X IncGamers Member

Umm...pardon me if my mindset on this is a little outdated (comp has been well - dead - for a couple months - just barely running now too) - why not have someone slap a Corpsemourn on a sorc w/ fire mast, and test it (use a barb or sorc w/o firemast to test w/o) - use the same number of players, same enemy type (ie if you use a zombie for one, you have to use a zombie for all the tests).

Tally the Results (10 test blasts per group) - and see if it effects it.

I'd do it, but yea - can't play d2 atm (comp errors every time, think one of the ram sticks needs to be replaced in ...although atm I'm just glad I got it running lol).

10 Enemy A + Firemastery : Hit Testplayer :: Tally Min, Max, Average
    10 Enemy B + Firemastery : Hit Testplayer :: Tally Min, Max, Average
    10 Enemy A NO Firemast : Hit Testplayer :: Tally Min, Max, Average
    10 Enemy B NO Firemast : Hit Testplayer :: Tally Min, Max, Average

Do not change Testplayer equipment between tests (for extra measures Testplayer should be nude w/ high life - example BO'd Barbarian, no Natural Resists)

This will give you a reasonable picture of whether it is effected by Fire Mastery - for a more precise picture of how much, I'd recommend 3-5 Enemy types, and test samples of 20-50 instead of just 10.

You will want to test this in late normal where monster HP are higher, but there are not resist effects on the Testplayer.