question about cd key

olivine

Diabloii.Net Member
question about cd key

Hey,

I have had diablo 2 installed on my computer for some time now, and I just bought the LOD expansion. I tried to install the expansion, but I need the diablo 2 cd key, which I lost long ago. Is their anyway to find my diablo 2 key, or am I out of luck? I still have the diablo 2 play disc and install disc.

Thanks

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
olivine said:
Hey,

I have had diablo 2 installed on my computer for some time now, and I just bought the LOD expansion. I tried to install the expansion, but I need the diablo 2 cd key, which I lost long ago. Is their anyway to find my diablo 2 key, or am I out of luck? I still have the diablo 2 play disc and install disc.

Thanks
I thought once its installed and you want to add the expansion all you need is the expansion cd key

Inokis

Diabloii.Net Member
You need both the Diablo II installed with its CDKey as well as the LOD installed with its CDKey.

Battle.net reads both cd keys before you can log on.

For example: If you only have one copy of DII with a cdkey and use it to install two copies of LOD, only one will be able to run on battle.net since you are sharing the DII class Key.

MapleBarb said:
I thought once its installed and you want to add the expansion all you need is the expansion cd key
if you need a new cd key:
http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=adt0636p