Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question about cast/recove frame rates

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Killer_sss, May 25, 2005.

1. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

question about cast/recove frame rates

didn't know where to ask this but im making a sorc and i was wondering if faster hit recovery and cast frames are the same. (sorry about unlcear wording will clear up)

for example lets say i get hit by a monster and have a 7 frame recovery rate and an 8 frame cast rate now will i be able to tele b4 i am hit again. and for duels how does this work what recovery / cast frames would i need to escape from a 7 frame attack? can it be done? thanx for the help.

2. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

When your char gets hit, you need faster hit recovery to recover from the attack. Only when you're fully recovered, will you be able to cast something, which uses cast rate. So in your case, you would need about (7+8) 15 frames until you are able to actually teleport again.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You only go into hit recovery if you lose 1/12+ of our life from a single attack or on any hit while you are stunned (stars swirling around your head).

While you are in hit recovery, you can't do anything, including starting to cast spells, move or whatever, so it doesn't make sense to custom-tailor the fhr rate to be one frame below casting speed.

If you get hit while you are activating a skill (includes spellcasting, as well as warcries), it's interrupted (i.e. no teleport). AFAIK it doen't matter if you go into hit recovery or not. If I'm wrong, RTB's computer will boot automatically and send him an SMS, so I will get corrected :)

That means, fhr and fcr are to be considered separately. The less frames, the better.

4. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

Check this link.

Seems pretty accurate to me :spy:.
    - Frosty

5. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

check www.clan-honor.com , and go to the pvp section you will find updated tables on those.

6. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

That depends on when you get hit. There's always a single frame in which the spell is actually cast and the rest of the animation it's just the character moving from and to that frame. When you go into hit recovery before that frame, the skill is canceled and you can try again after recovering from the hit. On or after that frame you still go into hit recovery, but the dmg/effect is still done. With a bit of desynch this can cause invisible spells to dmg you/others, because the client thinks the cast was stopped, while it was cast succesfully on the server.

My computer is on 24/7. :evil: