Question about Buffing Skellies

Rianna

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Buffing Skellies

Do skellies remain at their casting level (damage etc) after a weapon switch.

Or do they loose their buffed state?

Any advice would be appreciated.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
The *quality* i.e life/dmg/ar of the skellies won't change after you switch but there are peeps saying some skellies would poof afters but i observed my skellies and they didn't poof at all until some get killed o cos - in which case when u summon again and switch to your pre-buff gear if you want the same quality of skellies :p Hope i helped

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
The stats of the skellies are determined at casting time.

The number of skellies you can sustain is based on your current skill level --- so if you switch gear you might loose some skellies.

Harleyquin

Diabloii.Net Member
You can prove this at lower levels, if your base skeleton mastery is below seven your skeletons will use maces or flails as weapons. With switch and +to skills the skeletons you raise will be sword-bearers. Even if you switch back to your original weapon setup the skeletons should remain the same unless your ability to raise x number of skeletons is affected by the weapon switch.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i was thinking about higher lvls of raise skelly/skelly mastery and at 30/30 i noticed they more likely wield swords *and* have shields - could it be that with greater investment is rs/sm one gets a better %chance for skellies to be summoned with shields? Also i checked Arreat Summit andaccording to them skellies have only a 5%chance to spwan with shields and have bad blocking but i find them spawning more often with shield with a high rs/sm and frankly its claim that 'Skeletons die quickly after nightmare' is outdated :p

Rianna

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes I totally agree.

I raised 12 skellies in a four person game. Did Baal, Diablo, and Anya and only lost 3 skellies. Could not beleive it. I think Iron Maiden got 2 in the Diablo run.

I have a hybrid Necro. Maxed Poison tree and Raise Skellies as well as maxed Skell Mastery.

I have played just about all the Necro styles and I have no doubt that Poison/Skellies is the way to go.

I use a white sheild that gives me lower resist, decrep and revives as a weapon switch.

I do nearly 10,000 poison with -85 poison resistence on gear. What I can't kill my skellies and merc do.