Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question about block chance % level

Discussion in 'Classic' started by HegemonKhan, May 20, 2008.

1. HegemonKhan

HegemonKhan IncGamers Member

question about block chance % level

*sorry if i have already asked this. i can't remember.

1a. is 75% the max block chance u can do? or is 95% the max block chance?

1b. in other words: with holy shield does it raise it over the 75% up to 95% block chance? (like with resists)

2. IsThisNamePermanent

IsThisNamePermanent IncGamers Member

Re: question about block chance % level

Bro if you're going to keep asking questions you might as well keep it all contained into one thread.

75% block is max the character screen will show, even at really high level holy shield only adds about 35% chance to block.

3. HegemonKhan

so u saying that u CAN have over 75% block chance (up to 95%, of course), its jsut the character screen wont show it? or no, 75% is the most u can have?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hmm, if it be better to keep all my questions/posts in 1 thread or is this double posting? whichever is allowed and best, i'd be glad to do. not sure as what moderators want with our postings. sorry for my confusion, ignorance, and stupidity if i've misinterpreted the posting policies.

warlock,

should i keep all my posts to 1 thread (HK's posting thread, lol) or is this not what you moderators want ("double posting")?. Do prefer i have all my posts in a single thread, or separate them to the appropriate threads and also not to double post as much in a single thread?

4. deichsela

deichsela IncGamers Member

75% chance to block is the max.

"HK's and others question thread" sounds like a great idea to me.

5. HegemonKhan

i'm still really new to threads and postings online. don't really know the ins and outs and rules *thoroughly* and stuff. still very new to this stuff.

i hadn't pm'ed yet either. i'm not really sure what i should/am suppose to do. if u guys want a single thread, i could/should pm them but right now i wanna jsut wait a bit and if they read this and let them decide if they wanna adress this or not before i bug them with a pm. Or if tehy DO want me to post into a single thread instead of each thread i post a response to someone's post, than i will, but until than i wanna jsut wait a bit before bugging them with a pm, as they ahvent said yet that my postings are inproperly done or too numerous or double posted or etc.

i'll wait and see if i get any repsonse from warlock-moderators as what they want or feel is best. until than i'll post where ever i'm responding to or making a new type of thread. if i get the "go-ahead" for a single thread, from than on i'll have all my posts on that single thread. though what i already posted is stuck where its at unless a moderator-warlock wants to take the time and try to move all my posts into the single HK' and others' posts thread. though i'm not sure if moderators want a single thread where a person only puts his posts into THAT thread. or maybe they would like that, no idea. just a fan here using and contrubuting diablo 2 stuff to this great site, though messily and clumsily, with my poor writing skills and guide attempts:p
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    btw, thanks deich for the 75% confirmation.

so no 95% block...makes holy shield not AS important if u already got a shield at or near 75% block already.

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  6. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Yeah, it's probably best to stick new questions in the same thread. Call it thread recycling.
    There's no rule or anything involved and it's really up to you.
    It might just be easier to browse trough the questions if they are in a single thread rather then spread out over several pages of threads, pushing the other threads out of sight. :)

As for the block, 75% is the maximum effective block a player can have.
    With high holy shield you can get lots more, but only 75% of that will ever work.
    When you run, your block is cut to a third of normal. If you normally have exactly 75% block, you will have 25% chance while running.
    If you have 90% in total, only 75% of that would be effective while walking and you would have 30% while running.

Uber Diablo has 95% chance to block by the way, but I haven't seen him as a playable character yet. :)
    (No, I don't want to see links to hacks/patches/whatever which make that possible)

7. HegemonKhan

ah so holy shield DOES help as it lets u run with 75% (max) block. but for walking it does not help at all. though who likes to walk when u can run:p (unless u are out of shape:p)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    thanks for the response:D

warlock,

i have a slight confusion-question with this:

1. do u mean keep all my posts in a single thread like a "HK's and others' thread for posts", where i put ALL my posts into ONLY that thread (and of course anyone can post in it) ?

or

2. do u mean if i want to post a response to someone's question within a thread i put my post into that same thread, as in u just do not want me to make a bunch of new threads on the main forum clasic page? and if i have questions if theres already a matching thread for the question i have i post it there, rather than make a new thread-post in the classic forom main page?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i hope this makes sense to u. if its confusing as what i mean to be trying to ask u, let me know and i'll try to word it in a different way or explain what i ment to mean so u can than hopefully understand:D

8. WarlockCC

Well, to get 75% block while running you would need a total of 225%

Let's call the thread the "short questions thread" or something.

Then you and other people can ask all their short questions there and it will become a good source of information.
    In general, people don't like to wade trough countless pages of threads where there are only 4 or 5 replies to every thread. Putting them all together into one thread also allows people to add information to several of the questions asked.

9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Block chance gets capped to 75% before the 1/3rd penalty for running, thus capped to 25% when running.

10. WarlockCC

Ah, that's good to know, thanks. :)

11. HegemonKhan

about posting

ah so u guys jsut dont like the quick-short questions i make as new threads on the main classic forum page. i didn't realize that THIS is what was bugging everyone, my bad.

i presume than for quick questions i should jsut find some big and/or correct already exisiting thread and post it on that thread??

or should i or someone make a thread jsut for all the quick questions and than use that thread for all quick questions and future quick questions that come up later?

12. deichsela

deichsela IncGamers Member

Since this thread is going, you could put all your little questions in this thread if you don't see a thread on the first page similar to your question.

13. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

Just as a general point, the way the game mechanics run make it impossible for any hack or the like to ever make chance to block higher than 75%. The same princible holds true for resists including the 50% cap on damage resist.

14. UberB

UberB IncGamers Member

Not that you've tried, of course.:thumbsup:

15. Razputin

Razputin IncGamers Member

Not on Bnet, no. But in times gone by when Open was actually popular (we are talking a LOOONGG time) suffice to say there was plenty of knowledge circulating about the engines parameters!