Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about bans

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by yded, Jun 23, 2008.

1. yded

yded IncGamers Member

Question about bans

I've come back to Diablo 2 after about 4 years and found it pretty fun so far.
    It's only been about 2-3 days since I've started again, but I've found that Blizzard BattleNet just loves banning me...

Every time I switch a bit too fast between characters I get temporarily banned, a few quick game switches, another temp ban.

I don't bot, sell stuff for cash, etc. but I do use a VPN to reroute and alternate my IP so I can keep playing whenever I'm banned.

This time though, there was a new twist, I wasn't completely kicked out of my account, and could switch between characters, but I could not join any games. Then, I turned on my VPN to change my IP and continue playing, but it didn't work. I changed my IP again thinking its a glitch with the IP address, but it wasn't. Now the account is just "Your connection is temporarily restricted from this realm. Please try to log in another time."

Can anybody know what's going on or can derive something from experience?

Thanks.

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: Question about bans

Ever thought about not changing chars/joining games so fast?

3. Marslite

Marslite IncGamers Member

Has happened to me once last ladder. I was switching characters trying to search an item in one of my mules, and I got the temp ban. It went away after an hour, iirc.

Ever since, I don't switch characters that fast. If it is just a mule, I let it idle there for a few minutes before switching, and if its a higher character, I just take it out and kill a few bosses.

Never had a temp ban in the recent past.

4. Mauz

Mauz IncGamers Member

This has happened to me this reset, just running to many baal runs to fast. I wish the banning was as good on dupers.:yes: