Question about Baal GC

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about Baal GC

Hi

I found yesterday a baal GC and i'm told it is good for rerolling.

Since i'm not into rerolling, should i be able to trade it? And how much should it be worth?

And how does someone sees the difference between a normal charm and a baal charm because when muling my friend saw it was a baal charm.

???

Bert

Arutha

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually can trade mine for around pul or um.
The only way to tell for sure if it is a baal charm is to use cheats(i think mh), so other wise you just have to trust the other person if your tradeing for one.

SilentMagik

Diabloii.Net Member
Bert said:
And how does someone sees the difference between a normal charm and a baal charm because when muling my friend saw it was a baal charm.
You can't unless you use third party software.

Sorry I have no idea about trade value.

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member
The best way to get an approximate value on the charm would be to post in the trade values forum - remember to include your realm and ladder/nonladder as well.

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
if you reroll really good stats, then its worth something. Or if you want to save pgems, you could try to trade it, claiming that its a baal gc. If you trade it on these forums, you should have a pretty good reputation (based on your number of posts) for people to trust you.

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
mhl12 said:
if you reroll really good stats, then its worth something. Or if you want to save pgems, you could try to trade it, claiming that its a baal gc. If you trade it on these forums, you should have a pretty good reputation (based on your number of posts) for people to trust you.
Well, i'm just might try to reroll it 'cause 100+ posts won't give me a super reputation and as I see it, the only players that can see what it is (on Bnet) are cheaters and since I detest them (especialy ppl who try to rip one off) I'm gonna roll myself a PC skiller +40 life :lol:

Anyway, what's on avarege the amount of Pgem's i'll need to roll a decent skiller or other GC?

I mean, on europe scl 40 pgem's is an um, so if i need like 400 pgem's to roll something good, I better leave the charm somewhere on a mule and sell my pgem's.

Bert

PS are there any good GC beside a skiller?

Thx for helping

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
Trying to get a skiller with life, or even a skiller with "high" life is only for the VERY VERY rich.

Thing is --- skillers show up frequently enough, as does +life. But if you want a combo of these two mods you'll have to reroll a LOT of skillers simply because they do not have the desired suffix. This only gets worse if you want the +life to be "high"...

Thta's why I don't care whether it's a Baal or a normal GC --- I just reroll until I get a skiller, independent of type or suffix, then I use a fresh charm.

As for "average" number of rolls... I have no idea. I definitely burned more than 40 pgems on my current charm already...

Other good GCs that *I* would keep are any with reasonably high resists or +mana. Again, that's a result of not caring about Baal-GCs, so it's not difficult to get fresh charms to reroll... although I do use ilvl 85+ charms only.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
A way to know that it's a Baal GC is letting the other guy reroll it until it has 41+ life. That's the highest GC mod in the game. BTW, GCs from Diablo and Nihlathak can have any mod as well, so they are just as good and in a broader sense, they can also be called Baal charms.

MasterWolf

Diabloii.Net Member
Baal Charms are basically defined as charms with an Item Level of 99. Unfortunetly, the only way to check the IL is through hacks. However, if you are sure it dropped from Baal, it shouldn't be too hard to trade it. People are pretty trustworthy on these forums. I've traded around 9 Baal Charms in the last week alone.

Twoflower

Banned
krischan said:
A way to know that it's a Baal GC is letting the other guy reroll it until it has 41+ life.
that s the only way to see taht it is a baal gc, apart from using maphacks.

they are worth um on europe ladder.

it is a question of luck how many gems you ll burn till you get a realy good skiller. it is surely something for the richer players, i d trade it for um :)

Naitti

Diabloii.Net Member
Previous posters already made it clear that it's dependant from luck if you want a skiller with high life to be rolled.

I've already rolled my baal charm with ~200 pgems and only got one skiller with no life (barb masteries)(rerolled of course), still trying and trying for that über sk with 30+ life. When I could get my pgemmies/runes back.

Cheers, Naitti :)

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
Naitti said:
Previous posters already made it clear that it's dependant from luck if you want a skiller with high life to be rolled.

I've already rolled my baal charm with ~200 pgems and only got one skiller with no life (barb masteries)(rerolled of course), still trying and trying for that über sk with 30+ life. When I could get my pgemmies/runes back.

same with me, spent 500 gems + on 1 baal gc and at the end it turned out a 7 frw gc

the skillers i came across:

plain java
fire skiller /frw
necro curse
necro curse (y twice :lol: )

well i guess one day my bad luck will be rewarded with huge good luck :D

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
I have self-found Baal GCs on my most commonly used characters. After try #5 or so in this season I got a 13 allres/3x life one, but from that point on, the best ones I got from 500-1000 pgems were a necro summon skiller and one or two 13 allres ones. I decided to keep them, not because of their value, but because I could make use of them. At last, my bowazon has maxed resists now :)

Naitti

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, rerolling is sometimes very frustrating, but it always gives me creeps when I'm about to roll the dices..

Still hoping to roll the dangling p&b 40+ life or pc 40+ :uhhuh:

Rolling gives almost as good feeling as crafting. :cool:

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
Naitti said:
Yes, rerolling is sometimes very frustrating, but it always gives me creeps when I'm about to roll the dices..

Still hoping to roll the dangling p&b 40+ life or pc 40+ :uhhuh:

Rolling gives almost as good feeling as crafting. :cool:

i never ever crafted in my d2 career, wouldnt even know how...

arent we all waiting for that pala combat 45 life skiller to appear in the cube :D I would have to think seriously about trading it away then...probably wont...

grtz

Naitti

Diabloii.Net Member
befkonijn said:
arent we all waiting for that pala combat 45 life skiller to appear in the cube :D I would have to think seriously about trading it away then...probably wont...

grtz
I would, in a heartbeat when I would get a good price on it. :p Too poor to use one myself.

befkonijn

Diabloii.Net Member
Naitti said:
I would, in a heartbeat when I would get a good price on it. :p Too poor to use one myself.

i think being poor is sometimes more fun then being endlessly rich (in d2 i mean)

when you can afford everything etc etc wont it be boring after a while to HAVE everything and not needing to search for it anymore?

that's my opinion :)

grz

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
This tread has grown longer than i expected :)

Thx to everyone who gave advice.

This forum really enhaced my gaming experience. (that would make 15% EG ;) see if u can find that on an item)

befkonijn said:
i think being poor is sometimes more fun then being endlessly rich (in d2 i mean)

when you can afford everything etc etc wont it be boring after a while to HAVE everything and not needing to search for it anymore?

that's my opinion :)

grz
Well i think u'r right Bef (does the non-dutch speeking ppl now what it means?), the endless seeking and hoping to find something uber makes the game great.

Bert