Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

question about auradin...

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by addison, Apr 23, 2008.

1. addison

addison IncGamers Member

question about auradin...

i have read that u can stack auras. if u can stack HoJ, dragon shield, and dragon armor, u have a slvl16 holy fire aura, a slvl 14 holy fire aura, and another slvl 14 holy fire aura. this total, is 48, along with maxing holy fire, u have lvl 68 holy fire aura without any other gear on. then u could put on a dream helm for a lvl 15 holy shock aura, and now u have 2 auras on. i know this the dragon armor is expensive, and if HoJ is ladder only, then thats probably really expensive too. my question is, how much dmg does lvl 68 holy fire aura do? the added fire dmg to wep, and the aura pulse.

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: question about auradin...

Skill-based and item-based auras do not stack. You will not get level 68 HF. Besides, unless you make a Ranger (bow-paladin), Holy Fire is almost completely useless, since it adds so little damage. Dual Dream, synergized with Salvation/Resist Lightning, is a much better alternative. However, then you have a typical Dual-Dream auradin...

3. Addict

Addict IncGamers Member

So am I correct in my understanding that you CAN achieve a lvl 44 holy fire aura from gear, and that it can be fully synergized with resist fire & salvation, and that it STILL pales in comparison to a Dual-Dreamer???

4. ProfessionalBerg

Well, not pales, it still deals ~19k average fire damage on melee attacks (I assume the synergies apply twice for melee attacks), however, Dragon armor is very weak, and besides, there are way too many FI's in Hell. Of course, it can be used to slay LI's when playing a Dual Dreamer, but I doubt it will perform well at all on it's own.

5. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

iirc the synergies does not apply twice, only masteries got applied twice when using melee attacks.

btw the damage from a fully synergied level 44 holy fire (hoj and 2x dragon) is almost the same as a fully synergied level 30 holy shock. (2x dream)

6. ProfessionalBerg

... Only you need to use 3 pieces of equipment instead of 2.