Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about AR, DR for WW barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by modollodom, Mar 8, 2004.

1. modollodom

modollodom IncGamers Member

Question about AR, DR for WW barb

Hi all,

first timer here, been getting alot of information about char building and etc etc...

just have a few question about DR, AR for WW barb.

what is a good DR and AR for pvp ww barb? say for example, using mage plate enigma (around 1000def) to save points on strength instead of using archon plate enigma (around 1300def), which will allow me to save like 50 attr points to allocate to vita or dex instead. is it worth doing it for? in other words how important is DR for a ww barb?

and one more question.. what is the best armor to use for a ww barb?

thanks~ :worship:

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

your wep will probably decide your str, and i don't know of many elite melee weps that are lower in str req than an archon plate.

why would you not want to put in str but rather dex? str determines melee damage.

3. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

Ok in the case of PvP... AR has become a big issue with the fixing of "Eth" Rune...

You will want to try and have the minimum based on Strength and Dexerity even though your aiming for 15 - 40k ar on WW...

Attack Rating can be easily made up for when using items that give a bonus to AR by a Percentage such as Grand Father...

Strength should always be kept to a bare minimum for your heaviest Item with plus strength equipment... In this case you can either go with a Shield (Stormshield without no doubt 156 str) or no shield which will save you 100 stat points in dex easily....

Going without a shield you will want to pump Vita as high as possible along with using High Defense Armor...

Now for the Mage over Archon that 300 Defense may seem small but counts for a decent percentage of lowering your to be hit percentage (~5%)

So your main concern is getting High Life Leach and Mana Leach with High Defense and some Damage Reduce Gear... Charms should provide 2000 ar...

a veteran and expert of barb would be more suitable to explain in greater details than I can since i haven't played much of 1.10...

4. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

Hi

lol j/k

Any way, Leech is nerfed to an extreme so dont have it high on a list of priorities.

If you wanna save str go with enigma dusk. 77 str req means you can have base 57 with a good anni charm. I usually get my vit around 300-350base and put the rest into str for damage.

The DR cap is 50% so SS,Enigma and Vergundos takes care of that + a lil

AR 20+k is basicly the necessity here

Def 18+k is a respectable amount

5. Halciet

Halciet IncGamers Member

Or he could use a mage plate, which is 55 base. I myself just go with archon, which still allowed me to get 367 base vitality.

As for bumping up your ar, never, ever, ever pump dex for ar. It has a horrible return rate of 4 ar per point of dex, so you're much better off going with items. Grand charms can get upwards of 160ish ar on them each, and small fine/vita can get 20, along with more life and more damage. The two best sources of AR, though, are the angelic amulet with two of the rings (whcih each add 12 base ar/level, or 1188 at 99), and demon limb, which can add 2-6k or so with the level 23 enchant on it. Might wanna give those a try, as they really help out a lot; put me up to 26.6k ar on a base dex barb.

-Hal

6. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

I also go with Archon, I just suggested the Dusk because its easy 250+ more than mage for only a 22 point more for Str but as I see it as long as your going to have over 300 Vit ther should never be a conflict with adding more str it only means more damage after all. After that much life you have enough life to survive a few blows from any1 and it would only come down to:

Less str and dam but more life so i can survive more blows to kill a few blows slower

OR

More str and dam but less life because I can kill you quicker than you can kill me.

Just a matter of playing style i guess

7. modollodom

modollodom IncGamers Member

^^

Thanks for all your replys~ helped me alot..

as for archon and mage.. i guess i need that extra str to boost my damage. cause from my calculation that extra str gives me, i followed the formula on the battle.net, nearly 500+ dmg after all the +ed from skills and weapon (based on 470max dmg botd cb =p). so i guess it's worth going for it.

oh well, i am a newb and this is going to be my first ww barb. happy diablo every one~!!! ^^

8. vi3txpryd3

vi3txpryd3 IncGamers Member

hey hal does the angelic bonus work with only one ammy + one ring? or do u need 2 rings?

9. elessar99

elessar99 IncGamers Member

1 ring and ammy is all you need. Most wear two because it's another HUGE chunk of AR (1000+ at high level)

10. DhR_PvP

DhR_PvP IncGamers Member

The huge AR bonus works but the 10 Dex bonus doesn't

11. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

According to the Arreat Summit it's now 5 ar per dex, and 1 dr per 4 dex.
    Small steel/vita charms are good too. They can have 36 ar.

As a side note PVM I often add in angelic armour to the amulet + 2 rings since it adds :
    +1 all skills
    100% Magic Find
    50 Mana
    50% Fire resistance

and all available at a very low level and very easy to find.