Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about act 2 merc aura.

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Shadoway, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Question about act 2 merc aura.

I got my char rushed to NM act 2 to hire an offensive (might) merc. However, he is level 12 now and still does not give any aura. I am afraid I might have clicked wrong and chose a holy freeze merc. I would like to hear your opinion. When did your might merc first turn on his aura and is there any catch? Thanks!

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Might can't turn on his aura until at least lvl19.

There is a catch, and it's the fact that he has to choose to put it on... Which means he needs to be in a Combat situation to be forced into a choice. If you never go into combat, it'll never turn on.

HF merc is at lvl27... so you should see a difference if you did indeed hire an HF merc.

3. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

What alainpp66 said. If I were you, I'd get a normal act2 merc instead with an aura that you can actually use until you can get an "active" might merc. even if you get the might merc at lvl 19, I get the feeling you are going for a rush? If that's true, then don't bother. You'll be much better off bying a new might merc at lvl ~47 (the highest I've seen) instead of trying to lvl him.

If you are not getting a rush though, but plan on going through the game "chronologically", then get the might merc around lvl 20, so that you'll benefit from his aura as early as possible. Hopefully, he'll lvl with you. But only if you stay where you "should" be.

And for those who aren't certain about the "should I lvl the merc from as low as possible - I heard it makes him stronger?". Doesn't matter for the might merc. It has nothing to do with what lvl you get him at, only what difficulty. So, a defiance merc "should" be hired in normal instead of hell, because he'll get a bit stronger. It doesn't matter what lvl you get him at though, and hence, as you can only get the might/HF merc in NM, just get them whenever it fits you!

Good luck!

4. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

Thank you for the info. Since I am level 16 now and the merc is at level 12, I will just stick with him and level him up.

5. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Or get a new at lvl 16...