Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about a zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Bert, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Question about a zealot

Hi

I've checked the stategy compendium but i've found nothing about it.

I’m thinking of making a zealot using enigma, grief and exhile.

But I have a few worries:

First of all, is this a good idea or not?

Second: what type of zealot should I make?

Third: my exhile has 41 res so will I be able to have 75 all res in hell and what equipment should I need?

I have a mara 20 and tearhunch boots for 10+ res but I can imagine that there are better boots.

And um’ed shako wouldn’t be a problem either so what do you all think? Would this build be viable in hell? I do hope so.

Bert

2. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

Jesus … how do people come to all this stuff … I play LOD for some time now and my “highest†RW is death axe … are people lucky or are they well organized.

Suggestions:

Amulets: Highlord’s – it grants deadly strike (double damage) per level
    Boots: Gore riders – Deadly strike and crushing blow
    Helm: Guillaume's Face (UM’d) - Deadly strike and crushing blow

You will notice the difference when you wear this gear.

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If you like playing zealots it is...a zealot with the gear you have will be very powerful, so go ahead.

A fanatic zealot sounds nice. High enhanced damage to really take advantage of Grief's sick damage, and very fast attack speed.

There's a -100% resists penalty in Hell, so your Exile isn't going to do it alone. Mara's Caleidoscope is a very sweet amulet, so use it. Maybe consider Chains Of Honor since it's a kickass melee armor and gives +75% resists. There are lots of choices for resist gear but with that Exile+Chains+Maras you're already pretty much there. Throw in a couple of resists charms if you need it.

A shako wouldn't be the best choice for this build...use Guillaume's as Vdzele says or Crown Of Ages, then give the shako to your sorceress:)

4. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

So it means you have to have 175% res from your gear?

- 30 from Anya means 145 % right?

Bert

5. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

-100% is the max to minimum resistance for any character / monster ... in LOD 1.10. Conviction will reduce monsters resistance up to -100% even if it says -125%. If a monster has a res all 50% then your lvl 20 conviction will work 50% - 125% = -75%. elemental attacks will do 1.75 more damage then.

- Yes you need to have +145% (-70% + 145% = 75%) to all res in hell if you want reach max res (all 3 anya Q's completed). max res can be pushed further with +max res modifiers up to 95% (maximum res in LOD)