Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Question about 1.07 lower kurast patterns

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Treeharl, May 25, 2016.

1. Treeharl

Treeharl IncGamers Member

Greetings everybody, I am wondering if there is any information about 1.07 lower kurast patterns. After searching and looking back at previous treads it seems there is 1 vex pattern and 1 Lo pattern. My guess should be that those patterns appear only on players 1 as the players x command isn't available on 1.07. The main question is ofcourse if there is a table around with all the 1.07 patterns (Possibly from Shae to Ber) or if it's possible to make one with the information available. This is moreover intresting, because the major crafts need mid runes and I would like to know what my chances are when doing LK!

2. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Definitely more than 1 vex pattern. I've long forgotten if there were 2 or 3 but I've found at least 2 of them myself. There is also 1-2 gul patterns and maybe an ist pattern, but other than that I don't think there's anything else in that range of ist-ber.

This is all /p1 ofc.

Now, there are tons (relatively speaking) of patterns for Ko, Fal, etc. so it's still worth running chests imo if you want runes for crafting. If you get a map with RoF and can handle a little bit of risk (if you have high mdr for abyss knights) then you might want to run those 2 superchests as well.

I unfortunately can't remember much detail anymore but if you want to skim the 1.07 thread you will find posts with links to drops. It took me about a week to read through the whole thread ~2 years ago (you can skim much of it easily) and you can probably gather most of the information within a day, especially if the "posts by forum_user" shortcut still works. If you can look at mine, specifically, you will see mention from me of the number of drops, for example.

Good luck!

3. Treeharl

Thanks alot for your reply pharphis,

When skimming the Single Player trade forums I noticed these patterns:
    (Credits go to DiabloTwoinDC)
    Lo Rune paired with a Balanced knife
    Vex rune with a Barbed Club Griffon Headress and a Sun Spirit
    Unfortuniatly I don't know how to make or edit a pattern table on these forums, otherwise I would like creating a 1.07 lk table.

Unfortuniatly I can't find pictures of more existing patterns other than these two discribed above and two screenies I have in my own folder with a Ko and a Hel.

Attached Files:

4. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

Ugh, white runes ... At least it's a bit easier to spot them now :).

5. pharphis

I think one of the vex patterns has a cuirass or something.

edit: see below for the pattern

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  6. pharphis

Went through some of my screenshots... unfortunately, I'm missing about a year's worth somewhere. I can find everything EXCEPT the string of ~1 yr where I got lots of HRs in 1.07 from chests...

Attached Files:

7. pharphis

Found more...

and I have many many more patterns for crafting runes from LK/RoF/Act5 but if someone wants to compile this information they'll have to PM me and I'll send them a dropbox of screenshots :p

edit: if you do look through my screenshots, prepare to be saddened by the 30+ green balrog skins before a gold one drops ;(

Attached Files:

Treeharl likes this.
  8. Treeharl

Wow thanks alot Pharphis. That means indeed we have two Vex patterns and a Lo pattern at LK and quite alot of crafting patterns, awesome work!

Now if somebody could teach me how I could make these usefull tables I could make a nice listing of this. I am also planning to make 2k runs of superchests on 1.07 with my own sorc after I got some HRs from lk poppables on 1.13. (Talkining about bad luck when testing a LK map I racked an Axe of Fechmar, best 1.07 rack ever!)

9. pharphis

heh.

I got 3 Lo runes from chests (I think..) and only 2-3 vex runes, despite Lo rune being 1/11k runs in average (6 chests). I'm still fairly sure there is a 3rd vex pattern I read about but it has been like 1.5-2 years so I can't remember.

10. T72on1

T72on1 IncGamers Member

I didn't know about a 'Po' rune, so looking at your screens surely got me excited. But some googling just taught me that 'Io' was 'Po' in 1.07. And 'Jah' was 'Jo'. Funny.

11. Treeharl

Well I guess we have to see what other patterns are available by just manually running LK and making a table of it. If we can somehow get 10 people all doing 1k of 1.07 LK runs I would guess we have 90% of the existing patterns. I would love to make a table (if I knew how to...) of the result and join the running myself! If there are indeed 3 Vex patterns it is also a major oppertunity for a 1.10 beta CTA.

12. pharphis

If I were still playing I'd been running RoF just to see if there was a pattern for ohm+
    I think the highest I got was probably pul or um... Couldn't have been more than 3k (?) runs and therefore only ~6k chests, though.

That said, it's requires a bit more gear (aka mdr) than running LK

13. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Ohm/Lo should also be possible from the Arcane Sanctuary. That map doesn't change much, so it should be all about the FCR.

My current 1.07 sorc has an LK map with 100% stable Lacquered Plates and Shako racks, so I'll likely keep that one. It involves popping 4 of the 6 superchests, but so far nothing higher than Fal. (Got 2 unique shakos, so probably around 1k runs).

14. pharphis

Great, thanks to the 10 mins I spent clicking through my screenshots yesterday (which is extra annoying because my game was notorious for taking "double" screenshots, in every single iteration of the game I had installed over the years...) I had a wonderful dream where I got 2 HRs in one run. Bummer

15. Treeharl

Haha,

I second that Pharphis, currently I am running poppables and LK superchests on 1.13 to find 1.13 popable patterns. I have dreamed quite alot of finding 2 Hrs in one run. Truth is in the past 400 runs in 1.13 the highest rune was Lem and in all these runs 6 superchests have been popped together with atleast 10 popables.

On topic: Helvate do you know anything about the existance of such patterns in the Arcaine Sanctuary?

If RoF 1.07 has a Sur or Ohm pattern (aigain no information on existing patterns) it would be very viable to run for 1.10 beta runewords. Unfortuniatly there is nothing to rack in RoF

16. pharphis

For the purpose of beta runewords:

If RoF has 1 sur (x2 superchests), it's no better than LK's 1 Lo (x6 superchests) x 2 = sur. If, however, it has sur + Lo they're equivalent, per run (but not time). Ultimately, it's nice to run LK + RoF (imo) to keep things more interesting and get the best of both worlds but it all depends on time efficiency and whether RoF has those other HRs, since I think the chance of LK in 1.07 having ber are essentially 0 at this point. I doubt many people have done more than a few hundred runs of RoF superchests, though, and I may be one of the only ones to do up to a couple thousand because most people focus on racks, staying in LK.

Act 5 superchests are also interesting of course but there is only 1 / area so it's again harder to run efficiently. You can get one near Nihl wp (tele south) by about 3 teleports, though, which is nice. It's basically only useful if it both: drops Ber+ and you're very desperate for it. Otherwise, I think you're better farming LK or just simply killing cows forever (if you're lucky like me, you'd get a ber within like 200 cow runs on p7.

BTW, I don't think anyone claimed my 1.07 ber when I did my giveaway :p

17. Churning

Churning IncGamers Member

I'm a little confused by all the talk about patterns. How is this information used and what does it all really mean? I just don't see how you could realistically try to imitate a specific chest drop, or how that would even be possible. Or is the whole pattern thing about something else entirely?

Are you kidding me? 1.07 Ber Rune! Pretty sweet!

Edit: OK I looked at the LK pattern thread and I think I am starting to understand it.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
  18. pharphis

The short of it is this: chests drop from ~66k possible predetermined drops. This means, that if there are some number of patterns that contain a specific rune that give your chances of that rune (ex ber) higher / run than you would killing monsters, than it is a much better target for that rune.

In 1.07, this is true for vex, gul and Lo (in LK), as well as basically any mid-rune as far as I can tell. Since there is exactly 1 pattern for Lo from LK, and 6 superchests per run, that translates to 1/11k chance of a Lo rune per run. For vex, that chance per run is either double or triple (if there is indeed a third pattern).

If there is a pattern for Sur+ in A4 or A5 superchests, they are almost certainly worth running (if the rune is desired for some reason) because of JUST how rare high runes are. I got lucky with the ber from cows mentioned earlier and after 15k runs (lvl 99) against 1.07 council, I got 1-2 Lo runes there and a few gul runes. Not so good on that front :p

19. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Arcane Sanctuary chests have the same quirks as the ones in LK. But since they're in act 2 and not act 3, they cannot have a Sur or Ber pattern. The ones in River of Flame could have a Jah or Cham pattern, but as already said, high runes are very very rare in 1.07 and thus there is a good chance that there are no Jah/Cham/Ber/Sur patterns anywhere.

20. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

you can get a three chest RoF map if you try (or just get stupid lucky)