Question about .08 arreats

this_barb

Diabloii.Net Member
Question about .08 arreats

I was wondernig how that -defense mod worked? does it work the same as the eth rune? or does it mean 15% of the persons total defense? does it add on to the eth runes mod? making it -48% defense? or are they calculated seperated, compounded one after another?

Mastashanglang

Diabloii.Net Member
this_barb said:
I was wondernig how that -defense mod worked? does it work the same as the eth rune? or does it mean 15% of the persons total defense? does it add on to the eth runes mod? making it -48% defense? or are they calculated seperated, compounded one after another?

no. its -15% of persons base defense. they are combined like you said. so whatever you got +(-15%) would be the % of base defense reduced

KTang

<font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value
Sorry for the OT man but why did you bump all these old posts? lol...

KT

mcm

Banned
You're wrong, it is only half of the listed percentage.

The -15% on 08 arreats reduces a player opponents base defence by 7.5%.

Yes, if you could somehow get -200% enemy defense you would always have a 95% chance of hitting (excluding blocking).

F1R3STR1D3R

Diabloii.Net Member
It works at half effectiveness in pvp -15% becomes -7.5% and it subtracts that % of the base defense from their total defense, so its not very efficient vs. barbs or paladins.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
-% defense from items works on the total defense, making it very effective against those with massive defense. Of course, it's still halved against players.

rikstaker

Diabloii.Net Member
just for clarification:Total defense means final defense the one on character screen,not the total enhanced defense%.Yes its fairly effective.Theoretically a fury with 25% defense cut (-12.5%) would hit more than a beast 80% more ar.

Rik

Mastashanglang

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm said:
You're wrong, it is only half of the listed percentage.

The -15% on 08 arreats reduces a player opponents base defence by 7.5%.

Yes, if you could somehow get -200% enemy defense you would always have a 95% chance of hitting (excluding blocking).
well i knew that.. i jst forgot to type it in

mcm

Banned
rikstaker said:
Theoretically a fury with 25% defense cut (-12.5%) would hit more than a beast 80% more ar.
Except it doesn't help the other weapon if you dual wield.