Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

quest reward questions

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PanteraRIP, May 1, 2008.

1. PanteraRIP

PanteraRIP IncGamers Member

quest reward questions

I tried doing a search but came up with unrelated posts so.... how does it work for banking quest rewards as far as best possible results go? Is it posible to save the Charsi imbue in both normal and NM and go back to collect with a desirable elite before facing baal in hell? Or even holding out till l99? Or is there a cap on each difficulty?

What of the socketing quest? From what I have read, the highest amount of sockets possible pending on the item is the reward but does this change in difficulties? If I were to bring an elite back from hell to normal, I would still get max sockets right? Do eths follow the same rules?

Is it worth holding out for a little bit with completeing the Gidbin quest?(would be a pain in avoiding Ormus but it is doable) I know the results are always random but if no cap exists then I'll be saving them.

I think the socketing quest is by far the most useful if you are planning on making a powerful runeword because the output isn't random like the Char/Or ones. I will be saving the socketing quests regardless untill I have found exactly what I want to use.. too bad this is the only thing that doesn't depend on luck in the game... but I guess you need to be lucky and find what you want to socket first :wink3:

Last edited: May 1, 2008
  2. mephiztophelez

mephiztophelez IncGamers Member

Re: quest reward questions

theres no cap, you get a rare item of your characters level as it's ilvl.

there IS an advantage to being a higher level with respect to imbueing items that can get staffmods. basically, at clvl89+ you're guaranteed 3 staffmods.

for more info, do a google search for: gta's guide to all that is items.

yes and yes.
    larz will always give max sox to an unsocketed white/grey item (max sockys determined by base item and iLvL) and will always have a 50/50 chance of getting 1 or 2 sox on a magic item.
    unsocketed rares, sets and uniques will always get one sox.

not so much "capped" but rings have HUGE affix pool.

idk about how cLvL interracts with this one.

3. prion

prion IncGamers Member

the item anya gives you is somehow influenced by clvl but I don't know exactly how.

now as for the imbue there is a lot of info available. There's a formula the game uses to determine what mods CAN (not will but can) appear on an item. A search should bring up the formula.

4. PanteraRIP

Kewl thanks:thumbsup: I hope the same goes for the soulstone quest. According to the useless guide in battle chest, if you forget to grab the stone, Cain will give it to you when you talk to him in A4. So I assume it is possible, after baals demise, to throw away the soulstone before switching difficulties to save on storage space because once you return to normal/NM act4 Cain will give you the stone so you can finish the quest. (?) At least that is the result I am hoping for.:undecided:

5. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Yes, that is possible. You can do that quest at any desireable moment.

6. PanteraRIP

I may as well give this a shot..... skip all three Gidbin till l90ish...along with Akara's reward (both hell and NM)after the Cain rescue. If I do run out of tps, I can always get some in a diff act or difficulty (to avoid NM akara id have no choice to return to normal to restock tps or have a few full books in storage but with space being an issue I probably wouldn't go that route).

I may even try skipping talking to anya after getting the resist scroll for normal/NM.

I am sure all of this has been attempted before but I me no findy info. lol besides, this will be with an untwinked druid so I'll need all the help=luck I can get.

7. plasmo

plasmo IncGamers Member

Imbuing a diadem will always give you all possible mods no matter what your character level. (So your level 6 character can get one with +2 all skills, 20% FCR, etc.) Also, rerolling rare diadems with 6 skulls will do the same and the possible mods will never decrease like for other items. Although I've heard rerolling charms for LLDs with 6 skulls is a better use of them.

Then again, good luck finding normal diadems to imbue. You could make 100 level 6 mules to imbue things before any monster will ever drop you a diadem.

8. PanteraRIP

K here's the deal...

This of course depends on how much playing I get to do, but for every item I'll take screen shots and post them here, this will be ALL results even if they are crap. I don't really have a time frame so when I finish is just that. Akara NM/hell rings (I finished normal before thinking about this)and every other quest reward item/soul stone for all difficulties won't be collected until I reach clvl90 with my druid summoner... if I even make it that far lol

One final question not regarding quests, I know how to do a screen shot but how do I post them on here?

Sorry for such a simple question... if it weren't for games, I doubt I'd even own a computer and I find gaming much more satisfying then learning how my machine actually werks lol Just being honest. :hide:

9. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Personally I use ImageShack for all my picture posting needs.

10. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

There is a fair amount of incorrect info in this thread. Here's some corrections:

• Imbuing ilvl = clvl+4 (not ilvl = clvl).
    • The ring in the Gidbinn quest is a fixed ilvl in normal, nightmare and hell.
    • The ring Akara gives you for saving Cain is the same way.
    • The class specific from Anya is a a fixed ilvl as well.
    • The helforge runes are random in a fixed range and do not depend on clvl.
    Other than the socket quest and the imbuing quest, the only useful quest to save is the Ancients 25 million bonus experience in nightmare. That experience does not go through the high clvl penalties, so it is much more useful in the clvl 90s than in the 40s or 50s.

11. Coldsmoke

Coldsmoke IncGamers Member

I never knew that ancients gave a fixed amount of exp.
    And for the rare diadem reroll with 6Pgems, you can keep rerolling it without it decreasing in lvl? And only with Diadems or also Circlets and Coronets?

12. PanteraRIP

Thanks for clearing that up.... I guess I don't have to worry about my little test now. I kinda knew it was only a matter of time before someone stepped up. :thumbsup:

13. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

That should be 20 million though.

14. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

I thought that amount was dependant of clvl. I thought at first that it was fixed at exactly 1 lvl up, but a friend of mine did Hell Ancients at lvl 92 or so and didn't even get a whole level for the quest. So that means all 3 Ancients quests are a fixed number of experience.

15. ondergetekende

ondergetekende IncGamers Member

Why only in nightmare? Wouldn't it be the same in normal and hell? Maybe normal is just a lousy amount and you'll need hell baal runs anyway, to much hassle to save ancients and level up by diablo runs? There, I just answered my own question, I think :p

I think it's a set amount, but capped at 1 lvl. So it is sort of clvl dependant ;)

16. prion

prion IncGamers Member

Turtle that may be true but I have to beleive clvl figures into it somehow. Usually when you get the quest item by earning it, at an appropriate level, you'll get something with multiple mods and often enough you'll think "gee this might have been useful a few levels/months ago" but i've gotten the item from higher difficulties with my level 1 mules and it is always absolute garbage, and I mean not at all useful beyond the Underground Passage.

17. krajee

krajee IncGamers Member

Actually, a level 6 character won't get anything from the imbue quest. :smiley:

18. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

If what I said was true (and RTB's lack of correction is essentially a confirmation), then clvl does not factor in at all. What you are noticing is small sample size and our minds' desire to create patterns.

The ilvl does decrease. Diadems just have a qlvl and magic_lvl that cause their alvl to be 99 no matter what their ilvl is. This will not work for circlets, coronets, or tiaras.

Yup. If you really want to save the normal quest, it's a 1.4 million bonus.

Yup.