Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quest items=uber starter gear?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Kaywe, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Kaywe

Kaywe IncGamers Member

Quest items=uber starter gear?

IIrc Staff of kings, Khalims will, hellforge hammer and horadric malus have no lvl req. I thought they might be insane to use from lvl 1-10. Anyone know where i can get stats on them?

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Hellforge hammer is probably the best one, I used it sometimes, As for stats i'm not sure, just find them :cheesy: Hellfore hammer has fire dmg, staff has life/mana and ias I think, malus isn't great.

3. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

Khalim's Will (the completed version) blows the Hellforge Hammer out of the water...

Dual leech, 50% IAS, and huge lightning damage? No contest. I use it from level 1 - 18 easily and it kills quickly without need to invest in skill points.

~Hearts~

4. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Completed Khalim's is cool...

My favorite set up though is Cleglaw's set. The sword gets extra damage per level, 35% crushing blow, 50% deadly strike. It even turns a low lvl caster into a good melee char. Also the reqs are relatively low but I still socketed a Hel into the sword.

My complete low lvl set up is:

Cleglaw's set
    Sigon's Helm & Armor (+10% life leech and +8 ar per lvl)
    Hsaru's belt & Boots (+2.5 def per lvl, +10 ar per lvl)
    Angelic ring & amulet (+12 ar per lvl, +75 life)

In total you get +30 AR per level so you're pretty much set until lvl 40 or so when you're ready to move on to NM. Depending on the char I can get through NM with this setup as well!

5. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

Agree! I tried all these weapons and Khalim's Will really rocks. Speed of this weapon is just insane. My Tesla used it long, long time and than changed to 40 IAS +3 HS war scepter.

Look at http://www.diabloii.net/items/quest/quest_main.shtml for stats

6. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

i think the completed khalim's is waaaay cool...

my low level setup for my pally was:
    isenhart case, helm, shield *u gotta find somewhere to put those things..well the defense and level requirements are very nice for low levels*
    Civerb's mace, ammy *civerb's mace has GREAT damage for low levels..pretty incredible stuff..the best low level set melee weapon IMHO :lol: *

and upgrade to the ever useful sigon's set for that awkward phase with civerb's ammy and mace..

this can take me to levels when i can use my proper stuff..like 29 for vipermagi for my templar :lol:

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Upgraded assembled Horadric Staff is pretty cool, as it is a unique Hand Axe with the stats of the Horadric Staff and problably a Clvl 5 requirement :D

8. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i'm a huge fan of the cleglaws too. i made a 5 flawed emerald helm/bplate to help wield the set. :) my sorc just used it to tear up a1. :)

the problem with khalim's will is that the elemental damage is the main killer, so the leech doesn't help. ias is nice though.

i round my chars out with hsarus belt/boots.

but does it match my cleglaws +max damageXlevel?!? huh!? HUH? i didn't think so.

sometimes i use it through a1-2 nm as well. the maxXlevel just rocks. i haven't found any wep lvls 4-25 better, and it even has more damage at those levels than most exceptional uniques.

9. royalesse

Word!!! Hehe... I have some +3 dex lvl 5 large charms that I mule around with the set. Those charms drop quite a bit so if you want to get rid of the gemmed helm and b/plate then you might want to try it. Sigon's helm and Armor rock cause of the life leech and the AR they give.

I was using it on my enchantress and eventually I moved it to my Merc and now he just bulldozes everything. It's quite funny... I joined a Ancients game and my lvl 14 merc killed the ancients for the 3 lvl 25 characters that were standing around :lol:.

Decoy's right about Civerb's cudgel but it's a distant 2nd to the cleglaw's set. If you use Cleglaw's set then collect at least 5 of those +3 dex charms and socket a jewel of freedom into the sword (-15% req). After that it should be easy to use the set by lvl 5 without having to use any stat points in dex.

Edit: P.S. damage wise don't forget about the 35% crushing blow and 50% deadly strike!

10. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

Downside of full khalims- Its a pain to get it all, I would rather just use some other crap items that I find, not very hard to kill in normal =\

11. the pow wow

the pow wow Banned

can you mule and save the kahlims's will? when will u lose it? when you defeat meph or do you have to smeash the compelling orbus

12. royalesse

you usually use it when you smash the compelling or or when you kill the high council. Supposedly if you make it in NM or Hell and take it to lvl in norm it won't disappear. The game recognizes it as NM and therefore doesn't work in Normal. Kinda like if you muled it from norm to NM it wouldn't work (for the quest at least).

13. hittitian

hittitian IncGamers Member

I vote for hellforge hammer

Hellforge hammer has several advantages than assembled kahlims.
    0) Hellforge hammer is easy to get. Get your tele sorce who didn't do normal hellforge quest and kill hephasto. That's all.
    1) no str or dex req either. you can start using it from lev 1.
    2) has fire res, and fairly good fire dmg. Works great till sewer run.
    3) Its speed is slower than kahlim and some ppl say assembled kahlim has dual leech. But, you won't get that much leech from these small dmg weapons. Hellforge hammer does its job well in average for 3-4 player normal game that is optimum for leveling.
    4) You don't need to worry about its being gone. People including your chars don't usually do normal hellforge quest for runes. However, for normal travincial, you must do it to get to mephisto. Using nightmare/hell kahlim would be a solution, but you won't spend that much effort for just these kinds of low leveling equipments. For hardcore, this would be a different stroy.

Everyone loves to equip their softcore low level chars with Uber low level equip to cruise normal act1-3. However, if you have some skills and are knowledgeable enough for faster leveling, you won't need those fancy sigons nor clegs etcs. Carrying these bunch of craps and muling every half an hour will be a waste of your playing time.

Put a hellforge hammer and let you chars wear whatever they pick up during quests. Around level 20-30, most of fine items will be available for equip and you're all set for remaining quests and further difficulty.

14. st-hearts

st-hearts IncGamers Member

It doesn't take more than 5 minutes to mule away the Khalim's Will.

I've been using mine since the start of Ladder, where my Cleric assembled it. ><

~Hearts~

15. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

for normal travincial, you must do it to get to mephisto - you don´t need to do it
    On these levels either leach or resists are essential. The only important thing is to kill fast.
    The first question was about UBER low level equip - why do you discuss IF this equipment is needed?
    if you have some skills and are knowledgeable enough - bah! Stop your teaching about skills in A1 Normal! :lol: Even my grand mother is skilled enough to do it! The only question is how to do it as fast as ever possible.

There are a lot of really good low lvl stuff - both sets and uniques. People often ignore these items but I collected complete low lvl gears for all char classes I can possibly play and I found it very usefull. There is no problems with muling Khalim´s Will. To have one saved for beginnig chars is actually a good idea.

16. Jerkazoid

Jerkazoid IncGamers Member

hsarus set + khalimas will ... i make a lvl 8 imbue mule in about 15 mintues.

17. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Click your elite lvl90+ skellymancer. Create normal lvl game. Rise skeletons and run like wind to collect all required stuff and then do Council. What, a 10-15min work?

I used to do this with my own skellymancer, but only helping low lvls to get actV. Muchos fun actually. Only thing that bothers there, is that low lvls cant keep it up while I run through acts. Actually have to wait them to catch me up sometimes :D

18. royalesse

OT alternative

I made an enchantress for the fun of it. I never planned to take her into Hell and she rocks running NM bosses. At anyrate I join low lvl games to pass out enchants from time to time.

If you have a loader or 2 comps that'd be the way to go.

19. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

there's a faster way. enter an a1-2 game with your high level char, wp to trav, and get the flail.

it takes longer if you want the eye, heart, nose etc.

but you can't get the flail again if you already did the quest.

come to think of it, i don't think you can even pick it up.

i think only a char who has not done the quest can make the game so the flail drops, and pick it up.

20. Fable13

Fable13 IncGamers Member

what happens when you upp a different quest item? like hellforge