Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quest done, but no door

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Skelion, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Skelion

Skelion IncGamers Member

Quest done, but no door

Just finished normal Diablo with my L27 amazon, partied with my 79 necro. The zon had the quest, opened all the seals, and was partied with the necro when the skellies killed big D. The quest log says I finished the quest. But no door opened back to town, and Tyreal didn't have a portal to act 5.

What happened?

Skelion

2. evild2player

evild2player IncGamers Member

A portal taking you back to town isn't supposed to appear(well I think it isn't supposed to). Have you talked to Tyrael? He opens the portal when you talk to him.

Are you absolutely sure you got the quest?

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

make sure that your zon created the game or else she can't complete the quest.

4. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

When you quit and make a new game, is the Kill Diablo quest still complete?

5. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Were you too far away from D when he died?

6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

AFAIK you don't have to go through the red portal. In fact, it will disappear once you are in act 5. I guess it's the same as with the portal after killing Baal. You don't have to step through it as well in order to advance to the next difficulty level.

Did you try to go to a waypoint and check if there is an act 5 tab ?

BTW, after killing Diablo, no portal to town will open. It just does when killing Andariel.

7. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

The portal will stay around after you've stepped through --- unless D2 keeps track of how many players still haven't gone through it (which would be the ONLY place in the game where it would do something like that).

I have, however, joined more than one game with everyone in A5 and the portal still active --- so the counter is bugged, or (more likely) doesn't exist :)

Also, I'm 99.99% confident that you MUST go through the portal, else there will be no Act 5 tab. Same as with all other acts: you HAVE to use Warriv to go to Act 2, you HAVE to use Meshif to go to Act 3, and you HAVE to go through the portal to A4. The tab will only be active after you've done these things.

*If* the quest has been completed and the portal doesn't open, then the best bet is to just leave the game and make a new one. Tyrael should make a portal if you have killed Diablo (as per quest, not just killed him) but not gone to A5.

8. Joch

Joch IncGamers Member

I'm here to prove that 0.01% :)
    when you killed diablo and click on the waypoint in the pandemonium fortress you'll see an act 5 tab, however you cannot use the tab and are forced to talke to tyrael for a portal :thumbsup:

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Yes, of course ! Tyrael won't open the portal unless you talk to him, even though the log says you finished the quest.

10. Skelion

Skelion IncGamers Member

Thank you for the replies. I did talk to Tyreal, but no go. I did NOT make the game. Usually a quest will show in the log that you cannot complete it, that didn't happen.

However, I did make another game, and the quest was there, but no act 5. So I just killed D again, and everthing seems cool now.

So the lesson is, for all boss quest kills, make the game yourself.