Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quest Andy Question/ SoJ Question (igorpotapov <-- SoJ question not answered)

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Variable_Angel, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Variable_Angel

Variable_Angel IncGamers Member

Quest Andy Question/ SoJ Question (igorpotapov <-- SoJ question not answered)

your faq was very important, but i have a question for you or for anyone who can answer it!

According to the SoJ FAQ (http://www.datascanch.ru/soj.txt) the best chance at getting an SoJ would be from Quest Andy (or doing Andy for the first time)

Now i've already done Andy (looong time ago) and i was wondering if i could still get some quest andy runs done if i kept rushing some people in nm act 1?

the quest is fresh and not so that i've already completed it, but i have, so i don't know

in theory this should work, but does it?

if anyone can answer that question please do

Thanks,
    Roux

2. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

There is a bug that once you talk to someone in town after killing Andariel (and you have to talk to someone), then Andy will drop as good as her first drop, every time.

Nightmare Andariel is good at dropping rings, but you are going to find many Cathan's/Angelic/Manald/Nagels before you ever find your first SoJ. I couldn't do the hundreds upon hundreds of runs it requires, although I did get pretty close. It's very easy for someone to just run an Andybot for a few days and get the Sojs he/she wants, damn them. :rant:

3. Variable_Angel

so i can just do my runs, and always get the best drops (as if i killed her for the first time)?

WOOT!

thanks

4. Bmw_Spy

Bmw_Spy IncGamers Member

lol. An Andybot

5. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

I play only Single Player. That means I keep the same map seed for many runs in a row. Does this affect the quest-drop bug? Do I have to talk to someone in town in the exact game where I finish the quest, or in every game, or just in any game, once?
    Thanks for answering.

6. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

I'm not sure about single player... but you can tell if she has the bug. She will only drop sets/rares/uniques/and failed items.

Failed items are basically magic items that were supposed to drop rare/set/unique, but Andariel was too low of an mlvl to drop them, or something like that iirc. These failed items will have twice as much durability on them.

So if Andy is dropping mostly rares and above, and only drops failed magical items, then she is bugged.

You don't have to talk to someone every game. As long as you talk to someone after you kill her for the first time, then the bug will be in place. You have to talk to Warriv to get to act 2 anyway, so you should have the bug already.

7. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

I cannot use Internet at weekend, sorry.

Variable_Angel, you have Quest Act Boss if character-creator of the game doesn’t ever kill this boss. It is so if you are doing the quest by yourself or with help of someone. However, if you will reread the FAQ you find:
    (Ø=M)^42, SP seed doesn’t affect Andariel Bug, go to act 2 and you will have the bug.

8. (Ø=M)^42

(Ø=M)^42 IncGamers Member

I have done many Pindleskin runs, this means I have gotten past Act 1, therefore, I have talked to at least Warriv. I get mostly Magical, blue, items whenever I kill Andariel with this character. Can someone explain this for me?

I know it's unetical etc to use it, but it's just a game. I'll just burn a few minutes for it. It's worth it.

9. Brother_Maynard

Brother_Maynard IncGamers Member

i don't think the andy bug even exists. you are required to talk to warriv to go to act 2, doesn't this mean everyone in the game would have the "andy bug"?

10. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

yes it means precisely this...there a few people that didnt talk to an npc after they completed the quest...these people went to town maybe or maybe not even that...and they saved and exited...meaning they didnt get bugged andy

11. Variable_Angel

DARN YOU!!!!!! it is in the fact, but please don't make fun of me i'm French what do you expect of the foreign?

Heh, i should re-read anything i've read (wow lots of r's in that sentence)

Arr... thanks mate. I'm going to run Andy as soon as i can and one day i'll get a SoJ, savvy?

-Roux

12. igorpotapov

igorpotapov Banned

Reread my post #7 again. Bug Andariel doesn’t drop any items except unique, set, rare, magic, runes and gems. What question do you have?
    99% of players DOES have Andariel bug. However last 1% post that they doesn’t have the bug. I don’t know exactly why. May be the bug doesn’t work if you exit the game after you kill Andy at the first time. May be the bug doesn’t work if you use old character created before 1.10. Or may be something else. If someone knows about it something, please tell us about it.

And I know exactly if you create new character in 1.10, kill Andy with it and go to Act 2 in the same game, then you WILL have the bug!