Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Quest against Muling?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Siaon, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Siaon

Siaon IncGamers Member

Quest against Muling?

The following keeps happening to me:

1. Find item with my sorc
    2. Find game with my lvl 3 druid
    3. Enter game with my sorc, drop item
    4. Enter game with my character where it should go

Actually, step 4 never happens, because I get disconnected and battlenet fails to connect without error message and after a few tries it gives the not connected message?

I mean, are they trying to stop me from muling? This just costed me a Telling of Beads(Quite valuable to me since I don't trade)

(Edit: They seem to issue a 15 minute ban for this at least or something)

(Edit: #@!%^#@&* game's gone indeed (#&*^#@( byebye +1 skill ammy :/ )

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

This prevention method has been around for a while. To my knowledge, it was built to prevent botters, but it has affected character to character muling. It usually happens when you quickly and repeatedly switch characters or make games, so take precautions when muling - such as having a buddy, or making sure you have not switched characters too recently.

3. Siaon

Siaon IncGamers Member

Got an idea of the time intervals?

4. Soth74

Soth74 IncGamers Member

Im not sure of the exact time but i usually just go do a norm baal and pindle run then leave the items in act I then switch characters to go back into the game and get the items i left. Just make sure you put a password on the room so someone wont come in a get your loot :)

5. BooblestheDorf

BooblestheDorf Banned

As long as you wait 15-20 seconds between switching characters, you should be fine and not get that message. So don't be too hasty when switching back to your druid to get that item, if someone doesn't grab it in the first 10 seconds its on the ground, then they're not going to.

6. th5418

th5418 Banned

Ooooooooooooooooh another guy who got tagged. Sucks to be you!

7. Brenden Azevedo

Brenden Azevedo IncGamers Member

I am going to direct a movie called "Connection Interupted". It will be of epic proportions, and will sweep the academy awards.

8. AlphaStrikeII

AlphaStrikeII IncGamers Member

Also make sure that the game is stable before you switch to your mulechar. I've from time to time had problems with my muling when the server seems to be a bit unstable, I will get problems clicking on inventory/NPC's and all of a sudden I get kicked out of game.
    The method I've found that works best is to make a mulegame and do a normal Baalrun, this way I will notice if the server is unstable. The only other thing you need to watch out for is joining to rapidly, but usually it's enough just yo go over and take a look in your stash before quiting and rejoining.

9. Siaon

Siaon IncGamers Member

Yea, 5 minutes it was if I remember correctly - too bad a normal baalrun doesn't excactly yeild anything - treasure or challenge.

10. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

or you could just do all your muling in a public game.

i do most of my muling in normal games where people are questing in act 2 or 3. I have muled tons of things this way and only very rarely doesnt work, and thats when i didnt do one of the following:

a) Checked the server stability
    b) Spotted game then entered it with A DIFFERENT CHARACTER (important coz sometimes i see a game then join with same char, drop my stuff, come back and game doesnt exist.
    c) Stayed in the game a while to see if lots of people join or leave.

The main things to look out for if you are gunna try this is to always choose a game with 8 player max limit, and about 3 players in it. Also NEVER choose run games like baal, cows or whatever, they fill up and empty VERY quickly.

good luck

11. blackrocksword

blackrocksword IncGamers Member

Try reconnecting to the Internet if you're using dial-up/DSL when you get banned from Battle.net, I've used this method and it works.
    But yeah, others have said it already, wait for 15-20 seconds as a precaution.
    As for normal Baal runs, you'll never know.... there is a minimal chance for SoJ to drop. :D

12. [G.Knightz]K.nG

[G.Knightz]K.nG IncGamers Member

Exactly, I was going to state this but you already did.

13. delixer

delixer IncGamers Member

I never seem to have a problem with switching chars and getting tagged. I start a mule game, waste 5 minutes (countess/baal/shenk/eldritch run). Drop my items, save and exit, hit ESC twice grab my mule join up to the mule game. The only time I have had trouble was when I picked the wrong char, then hit ESC and then picked the mule, that got me tagged.