Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Q's for high lvl Bowazons

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by rayschaller, Jun 11, 2005.

1. rayschaller

rayschaller IncGamers Member

Q's for high lvl Bowazons

Hey there been playing with a bowazon and love the hold shift and lay down the fire power type play so have been reading thru some threads and just had some simple q's..also will be using valkerye and puting quite a few pts in her

1.Took multi and about when can u use it more rapidly, energy it uses is crazy right now at lvl 10

2.How much would u put into the passivce traits and where..such as what do u feel is essential o a bow azon .

3.is there and other bow skills i should max or have on my bowazon ,just looking for some basic skill tips and usefullness in higher lvls..

Thanks in advance for all the help,pretty new to the game and such so just tryinmg to get a chr i will be happy with in higher lvls,

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If this is how you like to play, you should consider a Strafeazon...

The Passives don't really require a lot of points. Usually you'll have at least +1-2 skill points which will make them okay. Critical Strike/Pierce might benefit from a couple of skill points more but no biggie.

1 point in Freezing Arrow is good for crowd control against non-cold immunes, and Magic Arrow is very nice against physical immunes because it doesn't cost much mana. I've never been a fan of the fire skills...

3. rayschaller

rayschaller IncGamers Member

Yeah have been having the same thoughts about strafe but gonna stick multi out ...i think everything will be ok when i get to act 2 for the merc to hold the aggro right now just a lil rough between me and the archer...been playing on /players5 to get some exp but might ahve to lower for encounters,thanks again for the help

4. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

I dont understand hows the shift key relevant to any bowazon skill.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

1) Multishot is a joke except for those with obscene damage + speed, use strafe instead. Strafe beats it out in almost every situation, and multi can't help you against bosses while strafe can and does so much better than guided arrow.

2) 50-60% critical strike WITH skill items (assuming you're not using witchwild string), one point in dodge/avoid/evade, max penetrate (an absolute must in 1.10), 65%+ pierce skill (100% if with razortail belt), valkyrie 17+, rest of the passives one point.

3) If you are set on multishot do NOT max it. Leave it at level 10-15 (depends on mana leech and damage of your multishot), put one point in guided. The only other bow skills you may needs depends on your choice of anti physical-immune backup (assuming you're not using witchwild string, a great bow to fight physical immunes and pretty much anything else when upgraded).

6. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

hold shift and strafe away, you dont need to target anything
    its helpful really cause you can see where the monsters come from

7. Lensor

Lensor Banned

I think the point was that usually bowazons keep their attack on the right, no need to hold any button.

8. phatbrava

phatbrava IncGamers Member

well then im the only one with strafe on left :)

9. Lensor

Lensor Banned

You are probably not, it just seem like such a pain. I mean, you have to hold down the shift key constantly, if you dont you risk running right up to you intended target (can be way dangerous, esp. in harcore..). And besides, what would you ever have on the right that cant just as well be put on an F-key?

But, to each his own ;)

10. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Maybe not, but I haven't quite decided yet: I have Strafe on right, along with Valk and Decoy; the left is for single arrow skills (frozen, magic and guided) --- but this might change, since currently I'm not too happy with it.

Got it, upgraded it, tried it, and put it in the stash on a mule. The thing is crappy, and I'm hoping to get my money back (20pg plus upgrade) eventually... it's nice to fire lvl 20 Magic Arrows, but it's even nicer to kill stuff, PI or not. WWS *seems* great the first thing, but very bad in the killing department...

But that might just be me, I'm sure people have a reason why they like the bow.

11. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

I hope that you do not expect a physical damage bowazon to kill 8 player hell monsters in seconds because that will not happen, even with the "best" gear imaginable. I used an upgraded WWS in ladder season one with a strafezon and got her up to level 94 with pit runs and worldstone runs. Even in 4-5 player hell games she had a damn good killing speed in worldstone runs, and pit runs were quick even in 8 players.

Her displayed strafe damage with might merc was only around 800-1200 but the constant double damage, frequent amp damage and 8/2 strafe wiped out pretty much everything.

Bowazons will NEVER kill as fast as the cheese builds like boners, hammerdins, etc.

12. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

This is so true. Bowazons are not the fastest killers, or don't do the most damage. But they are a challengeand I think that is why we play them.

On another topic, I use a mouse with my left hand and right hand. I use the right mouse button for strafe when I mouse with my right hand and switch it over to the left button when I mouse with my left. But I change the mouse settings in Windows when I switch hands (but I mouse with thumb and forefinger on my left hand so it is unconventional). That way, you don't have to hold shift for anything. I really only use the "other" mouse button for skills I don't use much. The only thing I use shift for is to "stand still" when spamming things like strafe or whatever against large mobs. When up against large mobs, you have to keep switching your aim to a new monster as you kill them, and my characters can never remain in the same place.