q's about defense

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
q's about defense

1. what is the relationship between dex and def? 1 dex = 1% enhanced defense? does it affect base defense of when you are naked?

2. what's the highest defense i should be able to see on an etheral superior item? i have an eth archon plate with 750, so is 800-900 or even 1k possible?

3. what's the highest defense (including dex bonuses) i can see on a set or upped unique boots or gloves?

4. are there any set bonuses for glove/boot that would give more defense than a 2Xupped frostburns and upped silkweaves?

5. do any of the ed% bonuses stack, or are they added together?

6. are any of the bonuses added on after the ed%?

7. what is your opinion for an ES sorc: stone in a light-medium non-etheral armor, or prudence in a heavy etheral?

thnx in advance.

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member
1 - Don't know the formula, try RTB, Thugg, or even Krischan (no offense :p) or the facts and formulae archive.
2 - Eth superior Sacred Armors clock in at 1036 defense when 15%.
3 - Hmm... try eth Sandstorm Treks, they add dex and have self repair. For gloves, I don't know.
4 - I do know that IK belt, boots and gloves provide a LOT of both defense and 45 str and 20 dex and even 25% IAS and other nice bonuses, like AR, at much lower str req than that of Frostburn Ogre Gauntlets.
5 - This is like damage. On-item percentages are added to the item itself. Off armor defense bonuses are added with skill defense, which work on all your armor added together. This is also what the dex bonus work on. (Correct me if I'm wrong, someone).
6 - No. Not bonuses to defense, but of course there is block, ES, bone armor, cyclone armor, dodge, avoid, evade, dr, mdr, resists, absorbs, damage taken goes to mana....
7 - None of them you need to get a Gladiator's Bane, or a good Iron Pelt (for lower levels). Defense isn't close to as important as the dr/mdr mods on those two uniques. Sorcs should never wear heavy armor due to the str. reqs.

You're perfectly welcome.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
1. what is the relationship between dex and def? 1 dex = 1% enhanced defense? does it affect base defense of when you are naked?
4 dex = +1 defense

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
helvete said:
1 - Don't know the formula, try RTB, Thugg, or even Krischan (no offense :p)
Just to let you know - I see EVERYTHING :lol:

I admit that I'm a "quality < quantity" guy. A few of my postings contain terrible mistakes, but thank god half of them have never been noticed :)

Generator Of Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
Just to let you know - I see EVERYTHING :lol:

I admit that I'm a "quality < quantity" guy. A few of my postings contain terrible mistakes, but thank god half of them have never been noticed :)

Like this one? :p..

jk jk jk...had to..^^;