Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Q: What is the highest level you can be and get the level reward from Hell Ancients?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by MysticDragon, Nov 8, 2006.

1. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Q: What is the highest level you can be and get the level reward from Hell Ancients?

I was thinking about Chaos + Uber leveling and then doing Ancients at a really high level to save some time. At what point does it not give the level reward?

2. Cannon Fodder

Cannon Fodder IncGamers Member

You can use this to jump from 98 to 99 afaik. I've heard of people saving it for that purpose, though I'm not convinced that it actually saves much time. Of course, that was before uber lvling so who's to say now.

3. ArchsageVal

ArchsageVal IncGamers Member

try lvl 49 for normal, lvl 79 for nightmare, and lvl 98 for hell. My friend experimented and i think that was his formula for grush. Lemme see if hes on and ill reply again.

edit: nope, not on :C

4. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

the exp boost is capped at 1 lvl, so the higher lvl you are the more exp is actually gained

5. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Dont you have to complete the hell ancients before entering world stone chamber? So lvl 98s should take the nm ancients. Otherwise getting to 98 might be alittle harder. :laugh:

edit: The exp gained is a constant number as far as i know.

6. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

you can always get grushed past norm and nightmare to save ancients til 97 and try it then

7. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Well yea, but i was talking about the hell ancients.

8. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

So basically, if you do chaos runs until you are lvl 98 and only have 40 millions left to lvl99, you can get the last level from it, and save a couple of hours.
    As said earlier, it is capped at maximum one levelup, but if you are high level, that is not an issue.

Also, you cant grush yourself past the ancients quest, and do baalruns, and then return back and remake it to get the quest reward. Even grushing means you "complete" the quest in a way.
    You are free to run any area in the game except the worldstone keep, and still save the quest though, but you can't enter worldstone keep without having done the quest.

Chaos levelling is probably your best bet, uberleveling, well, you may at least try.

9. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

ffer- The ancients give you x exp. As in something like 10 million in hell. However, it only allows you to level once, and then end up at the same place in your "new bar". It doesn't just give you a level. I think I've heard it's something like 1/6th of what you need 98->99.
    It used to be everyone did ancients at level 20 and became level 27. This is why no one did normal cows for quite a while. In NM you'd go 40->45, and then 60->63, IIRC.

10. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

i didnt say that it gives you 1 lvl, i just said that the exp gained is capped at 1 lvl, if your lvl 20 and do norm ancients, youll only gain enough exp to reach lvl 21 and put your exp bar at the same location it was at before
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/basics/levels.shtml
    which would only be around 130-160k exp depending on how much exp you had

11. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

you get aproximately 30k exp per baal run in a non top2 baal run. so if you are able to save all 3 ancients until then you'll have the equivalent to more then 60 million in exp. so yes it could save you weeks worth of baal runs depending on how much you play per day

12. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

Are you sure about that Maple? In a full 8 player non top 2 game I calculated it at around 3 million xp.

13. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

That sure wasn't at lvl 98, right? It gets lower and lower...

14. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

30k sounds right at lvl98; i'm getting 90k per run at lvl97 atm. You need 291m exp to level from lvl98 to lvl99, so the 40m from hell ancients will save 1/7 of that, or around 1.3k runs.

15. MapleBarb

MapleBarb IncGamers Member

I have a 98 sorc which I'm currently trying to lvl to 99. In a non top2 baal run I get around 30k exp. In a top2 I get around 55k exp from baal. If I play in a solo game I get about 8k exp from minions and then 30k exp from baal.

<edit to say if I get an exp shrine and top2 then I get about 80k exp from baal>

16. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member