Q: Socketing a rare druid helm

Earl Grey

Diabloii.Net Member
Q: Socketing a rare druid helm

Here is the helm I want to socket:
(2 Sockets, +2 Druid skills)

The character is a Lvl 53 Winddruid that has just entered Nightmare. I'm far from a rich player (for example the highest rune I have is an IO) so please keep that in mind. :)

Rest of equipment is this:
Weapon: Earthshaker
Gloves: Sander's Taboo
Boots: Natalya's Soul
Belt: Crafted Caster Sharkskin belt w 6fcr, 47 life, lightning and fire resists, etc
Armor: "Stealth" Demonhide Armor
Shield: 2 PDiamond, 60% block Bone Shield
Amulet: +1 Druid, +20 Mf
Ring 1: Rare, +10 fcr, resistances
Ring 2: Rare, +10 fcr, resistances
GC w +1 Elemental and +25 life (My pride and joy! :) )

I could change the gear to get a bit of Mf, since I have a Goldwrap and Chance Guards. It's not much though.

Mercenary is a Holy Freeze (picked up last night) with this:
Weapon: "Insight" War Scythe (Used up my last SOL rune there...)
Armor: Darkglow
Helm: Rare 134def

My MF character is a lvl 74 MeteORb sorc who is in Act I Hell. That is my highest level character and the first one I made. I have not made any trades so she is my primary means of finding stuff.

HardyZ

Diabloii.Net Member
Your resists seem to be high enough for nightmare, so:

to me, the best cheap option is 2xperfect skulls, replenish life +10 and 38% mana regen is really good for such a price

An another cheap option would be 2xperfect rubies, more life is always good(+76 here, so your helm would give you more than 100 additional life).

I'd prefer the 2xperfect skulls option myself, regen is really cool on pvm casters.

Hope it helps!

Earl Grey

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the reply.

The "Insight" on my merc has a L17 Meditation Aura which pretty much seems to take care of all my mana regeneration needs. Would the PSkulls option still be useful on top of that?

HardyZ

Diabloii.Net Member
oh, my bad, didn't see the merc's gear

Then, with insight taken into account, i'd say go with the rubies option if your life is a bit low, or with the regen if your life is high enough. I mean, if your life is high enough, more would be overkill, while regenerating between battles would still have a use.

That's my opinion at least :D

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Definately prubies. If you don't need resists, ias or ed% from a socket and you can't afford highrunes, prubies are the best.

HoD