Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Q on pvp Orb sorc...

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by bsnagel2, Mar 20, 2005.

1. bsnagel2

bsnagel2 IncGamers Member

Q on pvp Orb sorc...

Hey, I was thinking about making a pvp Frozen Orb sorc. I'm wondering though as there is only one synergy for frozen orb where most pvp'rs put points into. I was thinking the following:

1pt ALL PREREQ'S

20pt's SYNERGY

20pt's FROZEN ORB

20pt's COLD MASTERY

1pt TELEPORT

1pt tele PREREQ'S

1pt CHILLING ARMOR

1pt armor PREREQ'S

1pt WARMTH

Now i'm lost for the other points. I am not sure about using energy shield or not. I was thinking more towards the armors. Any advice would be helpful, even with fcr and stat suggestions.

2. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

if memory serves, you have 6 1 pt skill in cold. lightning has 2 plus teleport and maybe ES. fire has one.

so 9 plus tele/ES on top of 60 to max the 3. that is 70 skill points used. at lvl 80 you'll have 91 skill points to use.

so we are talking about 20-30 skill points.

for pvp there are 2 options. go for faster mana regen, or ES.

ES: max telekinesis. you can either put the rest of the skill points into energy shield or just cast it from a memory staff on switch. both work fine.

mana regen: teleport, teleport, teleport. get teleport to lvl 24. then it will cost 1 mana and you will regen mana while teleporting.

both of those have the potential to leave points open at the end. you can mix them a bit, but if telekinesis isn't maxed, don't count on ES for too much. the other choices are warmth, the cold armor you choose, and static. none of those choices look great though.

one of the better options is looking to be max telekinesis, cast ES from memory staff on switch and put everything else into teleport so its cheap as possible.

3. spakka

spakka Banned

ive just made on on ladder, its doing 1k dmg at lvl 76 with no gcs. ive gone the energy shield route, and it seems to be working well. tho mana burn enemies are a bich with my 500hp

4. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

1 warmth
    4 cold pre-reqs (ice blast/glacial spike/frost nova/blizard... am I missing one?)
    20 FO
    20 Ice bolt
    20 CM
    20 tk
    1 teleport
    rest in energy sheild.

5. bsnagel2

thanks for the input guys. One question I do raise is if I use energy shield, how will I do against sayy...a bowzon, or an eledruid. I fear that they'll drop my mana so low that I won't be able to teleport. That poses a major problem with a sorceress. Also, what would be the ideal rings/ammy for me? Would fcr rings be better than 2 soj's? I'm looking at the items to be:

1. Occy(4/4 cold die)/ HOTO -> eventually some Fathom.

2.crappy 9% Nightwings -> better Nightwings

3.good COH/ 15% cdmg shiver armor ormus

4. 20/20 cold sup monarch

5. arachnice mesh

6. magefists

7. imps/travs

8. tals ammy -> ghoul heart or something else.

So with eventually having a fathom i'm going to need faster cast rate. These are just my ideas.

6. parkerbsb

Well you want to get at least to 105 FCR, I find even with that FCR you can avoid most pubby zon's. You of course want anything that gives you a bigger mana pool (str/dex enough to wear gear, vita base (or 50 if you are worried about it)... rest into mana).

Gear I'd suggest
    HOTO (your damage should be fine w/o fathom)
    Nightwings is fine (5/5 cold die'd if you can get a near perf one)
    Skin of the vipermagi (5/5 cold die)
    20/20 cold sup monarch (no complaints there!)
    arachnice mesh
    Frostburns
    rings 2x SOJ or soj/raven if you need the dex
    ammy +3 cold skiller/ 20fcr magical amulet
    Boots sandstorm trecks (you need at least 1 sc with 4 FHR to reach that break point)
    There you go 115 FCR, HUGE mana pool, good damage, and still decent resists (for when the damage gets through your esheild)

7. mathil

mathil IncGamers Member

you said that mana burns won't leave you enough mana to teleport. well, if you get teleport costing under 5 mana, it shouldn't be a problem.

i also don't like the monarch. too expensive and too specific. i prefer spirits.

8. parkerbsb

Mathil he's non ladder (notice the mention of shanks... as in imp-shanks) so the sheild is pretty sweet for his build (I dislike lidless)

Bsnagle;I really wouldn worry about mana burn as this is intended as a PvP build (you DID say that in the initial post righ? So why did you mention being worried about mana burn monsters)

9. bsnagel2

Hey, I wasn't worried about mana burn monsters...haha..that'd be no problem..i'm worried about it in a duel...with opponents such as an ele druid or a bow zon. I thought I had mentioned that...maybe not though. I just feel it may be a hard duel against these opponents because if the ele druid gets near me....no mana..no tele....dead. same with a bowzon....but..hey..i'm new at this..haha...i'll take your word for it.

10. parkerbsb

Whoops you did mention somthing to the effect of dueling and running out of mana... guess I was a little confused there :(

Every dueling variant has difficult duels, and yes windies can be beaten with this thread (read rag's thread about his dueler pelican someone posted a well worded way to take them out). Also your warmth regen rate should be fairly fast with the + skillers... depending on how your final build looks you should be able to regen mana when you are teleporting.

GA zons really suck they are my most difficult duels, however if you plan on pubby dueling mostly they will likley be townguarders anyways so stay away from the town and they won't bother you :D

11. parkerbsb

Whoops you did mention somthing to the effect of dueling and running out of mana... guess I was a little confused there :(

Every dueling variant has difficult duels, and yes windies can be beaten with this thread (read rag's thread about his dueler pelican someone posted a well worded way to take them out). Also your warmth regen rate should be fairly fast with the + skillers... depending on how your final build looks you should be able to regen mana when you are teleporting.

GA zons really suck they are my most difficult duels, however if you plan on pubby dueling mostly they will likley be townguarders anyways so stay away from the town and they won't bother you :D