Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Q on area clearing light sorc

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Kamuix, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Kamuix

Kamuix IncGamers Member

Q on area clearing light sorc

Hey, this might have been answered before or been a similiar question regarding this but, so sorry if there is I couldn't find one, but here goes.

My gear is as follows:
    Low griffon
    spirit 35
    Eschuta
    CoH
    chance 36
    War travs 47
    Arach
    2xSoj
    mara 28

and it gives me around 176 mf counting charms, 146 without.

First question: is it enough MF as an area clearing light sorc considering I'm mainly playing solo, and if more, what gear would be wise to try and obtain instead of what I have.

Second question: what areas is the best to clear? what I'm doing atm is basicly just baal, cs and trav and was wondering if there were more worthwhile adding to that.

Third and last question: would it be better as I'm just playing solo to just go for as much MF as possible and just run bosses? I do have full tals laying around.

thanks in advance and sorry for the noob questions :)

2. Doctor Clock

Doctor Clock IncGamers Member

Re: Q on area clearing light sorc

You could try swapping your CoH for something like Skulders if you can make up the resists elsewhere. That would put you well into 250+ mf which is fine. Although, at a certain point of wealth, base items for runewords actually become more valuable than sets/uniques. In either case, though, running lvl 85 areas like WSK, CS, Pits, Mausoleum and Ancient Tunnels is where you will find high end items.

When it comes to item hunting, you always want to focus on survivability and kill speed, then fit in whatever mf you can. In other words, don't switch to a set of gear that does less damage.

3. droid

droid IncGamers Member

150 MF will get you most of the MF you need. 250 is almost all the MF you need. Do you have Gheeds? Did you Ist your Eschuta and Topaz your Griffons? I didnt see you list those, but that'd put you right about 175 with a decent Gheeds. After that, a couple 7 MFSCs are adviseable and fit nicely below any light skillers you have. Nagels would be the next apparent swap you could make, for one or both SoJs.

At the risk of seeming self-promoting, you can read what i wrote here http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=769833 about MF levels

For solo MFing (on bnet, where you dont have /players command), you might still be better off with a Full Tal's setup, even if you're not dual-element. It still gets you all the FCR you need, resists, +skills, and all the MF you'll need, with Travs and Gheeds. 3-piece Tals with Shako is another hybrid option. If you're mostly doing solo area-clears, the extra offense you get from full-on pure light setup is mostly wasted anyway.

4. Kamuix

Kamuix IncGamers Member

yah the 176 mf I wrote was with 38 gheeds and 4x7 scs

5. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai IncGamers Member

With gear like that, noob should not be the case =P

Areas depend on if you're bnet or not - SP doesn't have to worry about realm downs and all that junk. The Pit from Act One in Tamoe Highlands (outer cloister wp) is my new favorite - I can't stand doing baal since I made the switch. If I was still on bnet, I would do pit, meph, maybe trav and chaos.

A huge focus on MF only goes so far as ultimately it comes down to sheer amount of kills. Set/Unique drops don't mean much if the items rolled are effectively worthless to begin with.

6. Kamuix

Kamuix IncGamers Member

thx for the tips I've decided to basicly stay with the items that I listed there or sometimes switch to 3xTals with griffons/hoto if I just want to do boss runs, otherwise I just try to farm for socketables and what not, seems to sell for more anyhow, but yah forgot about the pits obviously also farm that from time to time.

Main reason for why I was in doubt is due to me playing on b.net but almost always solo, except for when I just clear lots with friends, and figured that there more MF might be more prefered.