Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Q: how to change an eth item to 'normal' item? and other q's der=0

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by damaris, May 2, 2005.

1. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

Q: how to change an eth item to 'normal' item? and other q's

3 or 4 days ago i made a thread asking about which one is better: doin' normal baal runs or nightmare mephisto runs. some of u guys replied ( thx for your reply, i cant mention all of u one by one here... sorry, but thx :thanks: )and most of them agreed that doin' nightmare mephisto run is more profitable.
    so... i did it. i remember on saturday i was doing NM meph runs for about 6 hours nonstop, and continued it on sunday. what i found on sunday were more better than what i found earlier on saturday. one of the thing that i found on sunday (.... or was it on saturday?? :scratch: ) was war travellers, i forgot the mods but they were pretty good. unfortunately, its ethereal.
    now my question is:
    are there any cube recipes to make it non-eth? thus i'll might use it more longer of period of time?

my other question is:
    which one is better using by ww barb? dual atlantean or dual bloodletter? my barb's using dual atlanteans right now (of course with the dual baba's on the switch), and he's wearing orphan's call winged helm for headgear, thx to the %CB, my barb could handle the old meph in no time, and he's using hawkmail(unique scale mail) for armor, i chose this armor because of the 'cannot be frozen' thing.

my last question is:
    one guy on this forum just gave me two GC called gheed's.... forgot the rest. but the name of the charms were written in gold colour instead of blue. so i used atma to transfer to my char, and it works. so when i was finished with one of my meph runs, i (by accidentally) dropped the charm to the ground, but when my barb tried to took it back, it just couldn't. whats wrong?? were the charms only for the HC players or what? i restart my pc, then after it turned on, i check my inventory by using atma, FORTUNATELY i didn't lost the GC.... phew :p my question is: what are those GC? where did they come from? how the did the person find it? its not that i dont like the charms... they are nice... VERY nice.... but when it dropped to the ground and my barb couldn't pick it up... this is just buggin me....

that's all.... i hope u guys were not tired reading my thread. feel free to reply.

PS: sori for mai beeeed english :flip: .... (im still workin on it)

2. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

1) You can't make ethereal items non-ethereal. I wish you could, sometimes, but it can't be done.

2) Dual Atlantean would probably be best. It has better overall mods.

3) Gheed's Fortune is one of two unique charms. The second charm is Annihulus and can't be obtained on Single Player. You can only have one Gheed's Fortune in your inventory/stash at a time. Otherwise you can't pick up another. ATMA allows you to mule on two of them, but only one will be working. Just keep the best one and put the other one in a stash for some other time.

3. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

I don't think there is a way to un-eth an etherial itam. Use them untill they break I'd say.

Gheed's is the only unique charm (Edit: in un-modded SP). You can only wear one if you play the game straight, I didn't even know you could mule multiples on with ATMA. Hot-muling Gheed's is one issue that keeps coming up on the forums.

Atlantean has higher damage, but Bloodletter's leech and +Sword Mastery make it a good barb sword, especially against NM Meph. There are better, of course, but you should do OK with either really, if you have another source of leech.

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Keep your War travelers even if they are ethereal. Ranged characters (zons, sorcs etc.) are not hitted by physically attacking monsters too much and the durability on boots goes down quite slow. I am using Perfect 50% MF Eth War travelers for a month of intensive magic finding on my Blizzard sorceress and they lost only 2 durability (out of 40) so far.

5. damaris

damaris IncGamers Member

@ serdash, low lander
    wow... what a quick reply... thx man or should i say men... hehehe. so that explains why my barb couldn't pick other gheed's from the ground. coz at that time, the other gheed's was in my inventory. hum... i wish i could know earlier that only one gheed that will working instead of two. bout the atlanteans, i think i'll stick to them for a bit longer... till that old meph cough up bloodletter for me... one day.

@hrus
    ok... i'll keep the boots for my next character... hope the next char is sorc. thx.

EDIT: oh yeah... i still have one more question. when i was using atma calculator to check the probability on which certain monster will drop certain item, i notice that 'this' monster was always on the top of the list. he is UBER Diablo... Mlvl 110. what? wait a minute, u're saying that there is another diablo?? and where he can be found? its written: on earth. could someone explain this to me pls...? or it's just ATMA version-of practical joke.

6. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Uber-Diablo is realms only, I think Ladder only. So, not in SP :(

It's called the World Event, where an even tougher version of Diablo spawns. He's the only monster that can drop the other unique charm, Annihilius.

Some crazy people (Hakai- cough) hunt him just for that fact.

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Items that you reroll or craft will lose their Etherealness, but in those cases you won´t know what item you´ll end up with.

8. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Hey, I *resemble* that statement :D

--T