Q about +skills (to a class)

Wrath_de_ik

Diabloii.Net Member
Q about +skills (to a class)

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but.. If for example a staff has a mod "+3 to fireball (sorceress only)" and a paladin is using trang oul's set (so he can shoot fireballs) does the +3 to fireball increase the lvl of fireball from trang oul's set?

thx for help

-Wrath_de_ik

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Wrath_de_ik said:
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but.. If for example a staff has a mod "+3 to fireball (sorceress only)" and a paladin is using trang oul's set (so he can shoot fireballs) does the +3 to fireball increase the lvl of fireball from trang oul's set?

thx for help

-Wrath_de_ik
I don't think this works. Because +warcry items don't increase BO from CTA either. But +warcry is a whole tree , not a single skill. It would be weird if it did work though. :D

Wrath_de_ik said:

thx for help

-Wrath_de_ik
The +Fireball from that staff is considered as class only, therefore the Paladin will receive no benefits from wielding the staff (in relation to skills).

vietl0yalty

Diabloii.Net Member
but a +3 fireball from an ormus robe is applicable to the skill granted from 2x trangs pieces i believe...

vietl0yalty said:
but a +3 fireball from an ormus robe is applicable to the skill granted from 2x trangs pieces i believe...
If I recall Ormus' Robes simply states +XX% to Fire Damage.

It is the same as Griffon's Eye with the +XX% to Lightning Damage.

Where it states [Sorceress Only] or [Barbarian Only] for example the benefits are class specific.

raphiel20

Diabloii.Net Member
ArchAngel Tiberrius said:
Where it states [Sorceress Only] or [Barbarian Only] for example the benefits are class specific.
Yeh, + class only will only work for that class. However + all skills would increase the paladins fireball damage/skill level.

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
guys. simple test.

take a pair of trangs pieces.

check its level on your screen
add in a staff with +xx fireball
see if that increased its level.

simple enough test, methinks.

--welt

raphiel20 said:
Yeh, + class only will only work for that class. However + all skills would increase the paladins fireball damage/skill level.
Of course. I simply was referring to the class specifics. Raw +skills equipment will, as we both agree, increase the skill level.