Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

q about resists

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by baron_grim112, Jun 18, 2005.

1. baron_grim112

baron_grim112 IncGamers Member

q about resists

1. What are the very MAXIMUM resists that one could obtain and what items are necessary 4 this

2. How much resist does a fcr/res/mana ring have

3. Are they expensive?! a pricing in runes would be nice

i dont know if this will help but to narrow down the possibilities im playing a hammerdin

thanks

2. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

1) 95 Resist All, Guardian Angel is one. Not sure on the other equipment. You could use hotspurs for the fire resist though ;)

2) Not sure but I bet it's damn expensive.

Edit: Also, I wouldn't suggest hitting 95 resist all in hell unless you are totally set on it. It seems like you would sacrifice too much for it.

3. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

No, its not all that expensive. I mean, it is if you're going from scratch...

My hammerdin uses
    Wizardspike,Shako(um), vipermagi, seraphs, HoZ (pdiamond), WW's, rare rings with moderate resists, a low anni, some halfway decent charms. He hits 75% resist all in hell.
    Toss on a guardian angel and UM it, and I'd have 95% resist all in hell.

I would also suggest hitting 75% in hell, its not too much of a sacrifice at all, and I find it useful.

However, I interpreted the question to be how much resist is possible alltogether, like, stacked up. For example, people stack to like 400+ cold resist vs cold sorcs (so I hear). If thats the question, I have no idea... I could add it all up, but I dont have the time right now :)

-Matt

4. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

GA only adds +15% to max resists. You'd have to find the other +5% for all resists to hit 95% in hell.

I agree that you should have 75% resist all in hell though. I was just saying that 95% might be sacrificing too much. 75% is a must.

5. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Lo/Ohm/Vex/Gul <--- the expensive way to cover the last 5%, you miss out on facets/ed/max/ias... but a trapper or a hammerdin or a necro would only lose res/life/mana/mf, and if someone can afford a Lo to bump max LR 5% I can't see them not being able to make up res/life/mana/mf in another way.

Tgods can replace the Lo, you lose arachnids (or verdungo or SoE or whatever), but Tgods is good for the absorb and stats as well. Lots of people have it in their build anyways.

Waterwalks can replace the Vex, you don't lose much unless you've got a godly rare pair of boots... many people use WW regardless of the bump to max FR. Oh, you lose the ability to abuse a bug if you're a necro.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head that can replace the gul/ohm without losing something more important than the extra 5% max resist.

6. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Venomgrip can give the extra 5% poison if you don't need your gloves for FCR. On the other hand, high poison resist pales in importance to the other three resists.

90% resist all is really as much as you'll ever need. The easiest way to get one step closer to this is Guardian Angel + Wizard Spike.

What's really effective but people underestimate is to get good resists and then pile on some MDR on top of that. MDR items like Vipermagi, SoE, and Dwarfstar when stacked against good resists can completely negate many, many elemental attacks. Here's a setup that has allowed me to do solo Hell Baal runs with no trouble at all, killing everything on the way down:

Shako (PTopaz)
    Tal's ammy
    weapon of choice (resists help... I used a Fathom season one and HotO this season, but Wizzy would also work very well)
    Vipermagi (Ral)
    shield of choice (I like an Umed Stormshield for the the huge DR, but anything with some resists and decent blocking would work fine)
    Magefist
    TGods
    Waterwalks
    Dwarfstar
    rare mana/resists ring

This gets me to 80/75/85/xx in Hell with max block and 45% DR. Couple that with around 26 MDR and not even Snake bone spears hurt much.

7. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

if you want to go with high max res in hell, its best to just get to 90% all and toss on tgods and ww to get light and fire to 95, theyre the only dangerous elements imo, plus they are the easiest to cover.

cheers
    -tai