Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

q about classic patches

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Gwandort, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Gwandort

Gwandort IncGamers Member

q about classic patches

I want to give a try to D2C.
    i have a question for the old diablo veterans
    which patch do you think is the most sorc-friendly (well, so far I came to conclusion that in comparison whith 1.09 and even with 1.10, no classic patch can be called sorc-friendly :mad: , maybe I just have to get used to it...)

So far I've been playing 1.00 (istalled it few days ago), got my sorc to act4/norm and trying to level her to lvl 30. So I just wanted to ask, which patch do you think would be the best.

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

if you have to play classic, I'd say go for the 1.06, least amount of bugs there.

3. Gwandort

Someone told me SF range was nerfed in some of the patches, i checked the info for all the classic patches but didn't find anything about that... :confused:

Also one more think: where can I download old patches?
    edit: I've found them already...

4. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

If they're not available from Blizzard, then you have to go to the modding places which I cannot direct you, best bet is to do a google search for "Diablo II 1.0x patch" where x is the version you want to get.

5. Gwandort

oops, double post.

OK, another classic question.

SF has a weird star-shape in classic (AFAIK, in 1.09 it was gone, haven't tested in 1.10) Is it true for all versions of classic?

6. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

Sorcs weren't underpowered in D2C - just think about having no casting delays and no immunity problems. SF + FO = death, plus max blocking with no dex. You might also want to consider being able to stack firewalls. The only thing they lack is a tank. Beware Duriel (you may even want to use Blaze for this)!

1.06 is fine. You may also want to remember the drop patterns for rings & ammys and that you have a reasonable chance for gambling a unique. Load up on faster cast too - it will be useful for all your (non-lightning) spells. River of Flame runs were the only real way for XP, so make sure you're ready to kill Diablo, and avoid his LBOD.

However, I don't remember about changing the SF pattern (other than it did change - for 1.07, I suspect, but don't know for sure) - just get in a good position and you should be OK (alternatively, you could test it against a swarm of easy monsters).

7. PedPerBog

PedPerBog IncGamers Member

I play Classic on 1.10, but the sinergies make it quite hard, as you don't have as much +skill items, before that i only played 1.00 and 1.09 liking 1.09 better. But yet again, I only played the game for a year.

8. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

Hyjack

My I hyjack just a little. While we're on D2C, does anyone know in which patch necro's CE was nerfed? I'd love to play a CE necro from back then. :D BOOOOM!

9. Gwandort

I'm not sure, but it might be 1.3
    Check the blizzard site, it has downloads of all the old patches + the readme for all those - I'm sure I've read it somewhere when trying to find some changes for sorcs

10. Gwandort

yeah, actually SF+FO is one of the reasons why I wanted to play clasic sorc. (SoJ's being the second :p ) In 1.10 probably no sorc can afford to put 10 or more points (MAXED :xgrin: ) in SF.
    I can't wait to get to lvl 30. I'm in act4/norm lvl 26 but leveling even in the river is SOO slow. I think 1.10 with big exp for bosses etc. kind of spoiled me ;)

11. luskan

luskan IncGamers Member

Can you convert older items to 1.10? Gambling for a SoJ or other Set/Uniques would be nice, and some older items have nice stats (I remember my 1.08 Skullder's Ire.. so nice!). It would also be fun playing old classes/builds I haven't done in a while, like a WW Lance barb or a Amp/CE necro. Anyone remember the bone wall harvesting bug? Multishot with no reduction, all arrows roll for a hit instead of one... dual leach rings with low level requirements.. I could go on and on

12. LordDamien

LordDamien IncGamers Member

The weird shape bug was discovered and analysed in detail during 1.03 and was fixed with patch 1.04 to have a more octogonal shape. This bug also affected skills like holy freeze.

there is a very nice article about this on another site but as I understand it we can't link to other sites ...