Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pyromancer: Can it and has it been done?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by DarkSatyr, Apr 14, 2008.

1. DarkSatyr

DarkSatyr IncGamers Member

Pyromancer: Can it and has it been done?

I'm pretty new to Diablo, I played it a bit when I was younger but it's really only a few days since I started up again. I'm learning fast though and have thought up a build that has some support and hybridization from other guides I've read, I call it the Pyromancer and am wondering if its viable.

Clvl 1-5: 1 pt skele, 1 pt skele mastery, 1 pt teeth, 1 pt amp dmg, 1 saved

6-11: 1 pt MG, 2 pts skele mastery (SM), 1 pt CE, 2 saved, 3 saved total

@ 12: 3 pts skele mage (SM2), 1 pt GM, 0 saved

13-17: 4 pts GM, 1 saved

@ 18: 1 pt BG, 1 pt BS, 0 saved

Gear/Stats thusfar: Stack Str for good gear, 0 dex, alternate vit/en.
    Keep starting wand or replace with one that has Skele or AD, maybe teeth.
    Socket stuff for + health and mana, regen will be potion based.

Q's on this part
    I'm gonna do solo-6 or 8, what level should I take on Andy?
    Do i really need IM or LT to take on Andy?
    My friend told me to just run through this part w/o picking up gold, that its not worth the time to move/click, is this true? If so how do I get money @ this stage for early wands?

19-23: 3 pts GM, 2 pts SM, 1 saved (i think u get a tome)

24-29: 1 pt IG, 1 pt SR, 1 pt IM, 1 pt LT, 3 pts GM, 0 saved

30-35: 1 pt FG, 5 pts GM, 0 saved

Gear/Stats: You have a lot of stats, keep on stacking Str till 75 (I've seen a lot of debate over this #, but @ this point in the game/my outlook I'm gonna leave it @ 75) and alt vit/en.
    Forget the +skele on wands, look for +CE or +AD or even +BS
    You don't need +cast time gear because you are not a primary nuker with only 1 pt in BS. Start to accumulate good sockets and yellow stuff.
    Blah blah IG lightning resist socket boss stuff.
    O yeah, Act II prayer merc.

Q's: Again, how much is IM/LT needed? Should i have gotten it earlier?
    What level should I be taking guys on?
    What's min level FG/GM for diablo?

The rest of the build is pretty broad and depending on feedback:
    Just stack up mages (both SM's) and FG/GM. Get a point into LR at some point and way way into the future look at bone spirit or spear for DPS.

Some general things are:
    1) always unsummon till u get fire mages, if enemy resistance makes that not viable then switch (not to ice), but as a general rule have them be fire. It's the fire golems and fire mages that make a Pyromancer.
    2) Play as support, just curse curse curse and let ur minions do the work
    3) when u are nuking use CE chains to start, then switch over to BS because its more mana efficient and because ud be surprised how well the mages drop guys.
    4) blah blah im getting resist gear for each boss
    5) i chose prayer merc cause the little heal can help ur mages live thru big aoes, and on that note I'm considering putting more points into SR so that the mages dont get dropped during boss fights.

Oh yes, here's the links to the guides i looked at first and a handy chart with skeleton mage damage.

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/skills/necromancer-summoning.shtml

http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/necro-poisontrooper.shtml

http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/nec-faq-dauragon.php

http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/necro-minion-dok.shtml

:smiley:

2. DarkSatyr

Re: Pyromancer: Can it and has it been done?

I guess it was right for this to be moved to the strategy section, I only posted it in newbie cause I've been only in the game for a few days.
    But I really do need feedback, this is only my first attempt at a build, I could of horribly overlooked something. I mean the reason why i say 'the build gets more broad' after lvl 30-35 is cause I haven't even made it to lvl 30 or completed Act III and as a consequent 'duh' haven't seen NM or Hell. So if u have made it past one of those plz drop a word and an opinion :smiley:

3. DarkSatyr

plz plz respond?

4. JayhawkFan

JayhawkFan IncGamers Member

possibly switch to an act2 might merc. your merc will be your most powerful "summon" so maximising his damage should be a must.

maybe using some trang gear for fireball/firewall/meteor would make you the ultimate "pyromancer".

5. cour de mal

cour de mal IncGamers Member

You'll find that as you get into nightmare and hell your mages will become less and less effective, and unless you really concentrate on BS (i.e. Max the synergies and gear accordingly) you will get considerably more killing power out of CE. For this build you may actually want to max CE and use it as your primary killing skill. It even fits with your theme.

I think it's nightfish's guide that has the comparison of damage between mages and regular skeletons, and the regular skellies come out way ahead on damage and life. If the focus is more on the fire theme than on raw killing power you may want yo consider using revive to get fire themed monsters (like balrogs for example) and have them run along with you.

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Welcome Newcomer to The Darkness. Grab a brew and feel free to raise some corpses.

Starting at /players8, running every area once and doing mostly full clears you can easily get to about level 19 or 20 before you hit Andy. You can take Andy on with a weapon with decent damage and a level 1 LT even at /players 8 if you have some BA.

Why not pick up stuff? If you are not able to twink you better get all the gold you can find for shopping.

Level 1 FG, GM, Summon Resist and IM. Using that, mana pots and a lot of patience and he will kill himself eventually.

But I have to say that your skills are all over the place and not really geared towards beating anything. Way too many points are going into GM too early on. Mages and AI curses are being neglected. Especially early on you'll need more focus in order to build up skills so that you can actually kill something.