Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pwned!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Speedwrath, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Speedwrath

Speedwrath Banned

Pwned!

My second Hardcore character, a Javazon, was level 27 and doing Baal runs. It took me a HELL of a long time to level her, since Javazons are a PAIN to level earlier on since they have like ZERO good skills.

Anyways, I was doing Baal runs to level her up. I pretty much kept my distance from the monsters since I didn't want to die.

However, all of a sudden, in the most unexpected situation, someone goes hostile with me, and in almost THE SAME SECOND AFTER THAT, I'm dead, and I get a ridiculously childish message from a clan saying I got owned. I also notice everyone doing the Baal run left the game.

What I wanted to know is:
    1) How frequent is this?
    2) HOW did they hostile me and got to me so fast? You can't use a waypoint for 10 seconds, and your TPs disappear.

2. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

TPPK. The evil TPPK. It works like this.

Player A = High level character, usually sorc, using ice blast or something.
    Player B = Victim.

Player A + B are both walking along and all of a sudden, player A spams a projectile spell at player B, goes to town and goes hostile so that the projectiles will hit player B, killing him. Because it's really really hard to do this legitly, people use programs to do this for them. These people are called script kiddies, because they need hacks to kill people. Just watch out for any high levels in your game.. they might be helping a friend, but I doubt it. Most character classes can do this, btw, so stay safe.

Lucky

3. Speedwrath

Speedwrath Banned

Oh THAT explains it!!! It was a Hammerdin that killed me. He must have casted some hammers close to me and then he did it.

Man that is so EVIL! Guess I'll have to stay far away, even from my party members, lol. Or at least be suspicious once they open a Portal.

But yeah I think it was a script since he killed me and sent the "pwned" message immediately after killing me. It was all colorful, too. :p

By the way, why do people collect ears when they kill people. I found out it's quite common in HC.

4. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

only thing i could suggest is joining parties here on the forums. Groups of people that create specific builds and quest through the game together without any outside help is the safest way to go.

5. LuckyDwarf

In essence, the ear is a trophy for your mark. In softcore there is shameless slaughter in every duel game, ears all over the place, and such. However, here in hardcore there is much less death, (A lot more chicken, sadly) so ears actually mean something.

Lucky

6. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

I thought the hammer tppk exploit was fixed... Was it not?

7. LuckyDwarf

I was under the impression that hammers, as well as bone spirit and hydra, were fixed, however, all other means of killing haven't been fixed, which really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Lucky

8. Ankeli

Ankeli IncGamers Member

when would anything that blizzard does make any sense?

9. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

blizzard stopped caring about us...

10. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

How is exping low lvl javazon pain? You got charged strike you know..
    As for tppk, dont play with high lvl unknown sorcs/zons/necs and such. You will recognize them.

11. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

(1) any javazon should have charged strike maxed anyway, because (even though you might end up hybrid) there is just nothing better than cs for killing single targets. at lvl 18 you get this awesome skill, and a few points in it will get you upwards 200 damage at low lvls (assuming all bolts hit the target. with practice this is pretty easy to do)

(2) mouse posted about this a while ago, and basically ANY character can actually tppk; you just have to be creative. any melee based build can equip a throw weap and tppk - pallies with fana, barbs with double throw - you get the idea. the only class that cant realistically tppk (by realistically i mean kill someone with over 500 life) are sins, because they dont have a mastery/way to pump a throw weap. ironic that the sins are the ones who CANT tppk

12. battledroid

battledroid IncGamers Member

bone spirit is not fiexed yet.
    But about the ice blast ttpk is it not possible to surrive that if you have a high lvl druid or baba with some ravenfrosts on and 3-4k life ?

13. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

i didnt actually post the obvious ones because they have been posted in this forum countless times.

but if u really want to...

the most obvious ones are:
    bone spirit, tornado, iceblast, lightning, guided arrow

14. battledroid

Actully i saw a sin try to tppk with shock web, she didnt success in killing any in the game I was in, so i dont know if it could do any serious damage or not

15. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Shockweb doesn't disappear?

*runs off to make a sin tppker that will get absolutely 0 decent level ears to drop because if your character could die to SW chances are it'd be dead already to just about any monster in hell*

16. battledroid

she was doing it it normal cows leveling people