Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by maxicek, Apr 24, 2017.

1. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Is anyone interested, in any shape or form?

The confusingly named SP PvP group seems to have dwindled to a total of two (myself and Grip), and I don't think we have played since 2016.

Just wondered if anyone had any interest in playing at all? Personally I prefer high level duelling, but could be persuaded for a bit of LLD (level 18) or even mid level duelling (30 I think).

Just post your thoughts, even if it is "no never!"

2. Shinra Beelzebub

Shinra Beelzebub Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry, I really totally absolutely don't like pvp :p

I think it's much nicer when people stick together so tightly it would be impossible to seperate them :D.

3. DiabloTwoinDC

DiabloTwoinDC Diabloii.Net Member

I'd be up for giving pvp a go. But, I'm sure that I'm seriously outgunned in gear/experience..

4. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

Can't be bothered to level a SC char. I might have my old blizzie backed up somewhere, so yeah, I might hop in a couple of times.

5. Excalibur

Excalibur Diabloii.Net Member

I could join just for the fun of it. None of my chars are for PvP nor I intend to make one but I could use any of my Pvm characters.
    What version do you play though?

6. mir

mir Diabloii.Net Member

If you going to have some HLD games I would like to join too, only 2 small problems :
    * I play 1.14
    * My spare time is a bit limited (full week will be a problem)

7. Pyrohemia

Pyrohemia Diabloii.Net Member

I'm not a fan of the new HLD ruleset, and all of my characters are built for the old HLD rules.

I like level 30 dueling and have a bunch of characters I haven't played in several years.

My time zone and ping makes it awkward playing with those in europe.

8. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

I think lvl 30 dueling is best bet to make everyone try some things up and to have more balanced playing field. However how are we going to work around 1.13 vs 1.14 version which split trading and playing field or ping problems I have no idea.

9. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

Some patches are interchangeable. 1.11+ should work the same without issues. If your playing TCP, it will usually throw you a version error.

Back in 1.12 I used to do hacked duels on open bnet. Those are the best duels. Take my word! I had what was called a mock PI. It's a character in the Amazon state who uses smite. She would proc event states and use energy shield to be godly. I would duel another mocker and we would smite each other until the other was about to die. We'd go back to town and swap out gear. Hacked dueling truly is the best pvp. You can actually take more than 2 hits and it's not about "whoever hits first". I'm not really into pvp anymore, except for maybe MLD. I think modded dueling opens up a lot of fun builds and such. On of my favorites was a "funky". This is a sorc with -1 life and 8338680 Mana. With ES and the proper amount of Mana Regen, your Mana pool is invincible. It takes a well built mock with the Baal event state and poison to kill a funky.

10. GalaXyHaXz

Forgot about tons of OW as well. It's been a long while :eek:
    I think we could host pvp tourneys on open bnet (passwords games). We can do a series of duels with different rules. For example, we can do a game were every character uses an oskill from the assassin. Or every character uses smite, but with restrictions. We could have Barb duels that use sorc oskill. Imagine that lol

maxicek likes this.
  11. GalaXyHaXz

It would get as much support as bald tires on ice!
    Obviously you wouldn't touch open with a legit toon. You would make separate characters in an editor for use in dueling. I think even something as simple as modified life would enhance dueling. PvP isn't much fun when everyone dies in 1-3 hits. I think legit builds with 30k life would make some intense longer duels.
    A fun build I used to mess with was a sorcamancer. She would summon Baals minions and other wierd monsters. Her main attack was Baals cold attack. That was a true lol build.

12. DiabloTwoinDC

I might get started on a lvl 30 character. Any suggestions on lvl30 duel builds? Maybe something melee? I've seen most caster guides use SoJ, which I don't have.

Edit: thinking about WW barb with Bloodletter + max dmg socket sword. Any advice?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  13. tokerdin

tokerdin Diabloii.Net Member

Mid lvl duels sounds fun. Less time to raise a char and cheaper gearlol I'm in. I'm on 1.14 as well

14. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

I would NEVER play any hacked dueling, ever. PvP is not only about only dueling, but also about building characters. Playing anything hacked takes out 50% of fun out of PvP pretty much. If you want proper dueling without hacks where it is not about 1 shotting, we do that pretty often. It is easy to gear up super strong characters around here with beta CtA and 1.07 shako which are, in addition to some absorb, a true key to proper dueling where it is not about 1 hit kill. Some of our duels easily take more than 2 minutes, sometimes even 4+. The more tanky character it, the more PvP is about strategy in my opinion where I agree with you on that part. I also don't like playing style where you wait for those 2 lucky hits to win a match. Only hammerdin is the one guy who can take down most characters with 3 hit, but other than that and random windy telestomp it is about strategy and outsmarting your opponent.

No one knows what a "real" PvP is until he faces 56% clawblock 5k life max %DR trapper, 4.5k life 50% dr bonenec, 5k life 6k defense vita firesorc, 2.5k life 1k dmg maxres bowazon, 6k life 2.2k dmg sorb hammerdin and such characters, or see them in head to head battle. Just my opinion.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    maxicek and Dezrok like this.
  15. DiabloTwoinDC

Going through some obscure gear for lvl 30 dueler, and came across these 1.07 crafts:
    *req lvl is not correct, but they are all 25-30

Havoc Finger
    Heavy Gloves
    Defense: 5
    Durability: 10 of 14
    Required Level: 22
    Item Version: Expansion
    Item Level: 53
    Fingerprint: 0x5e20b438
    +17 to Life
    Fire Resist +30%
    2% Life stolen per hit
    17% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
    7% Chance of Crushing Blow

Loath Hand
    Heavy Gloves
    Durability: 8 of 14
    Required Level: 10
    Fingerprint: 0x3d219a06
    +17 to Life
    Fire Resist +26%
    Lightning Resist +24%
    1% Life stolen per hit
    8% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Bone Strap
    Belt
    Durability: 15 of 16
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Level: 55
    Fingerprint: 0x1c7fe7a1
    +3 to Strength
    +15 to Life
    +3 to Mana
    3% Life stolen per hit
    Replenish Life +5
    17% Faster Hit Recovery
    7% Chance of Open Wounds

Bitter Lash
    Belt
    Durability: 10 of 16
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Level: 16
    Fingerprint: 0x83582b0
    +20 to Life
    Poison Resist +17%
    3% Life stolen per hit
    17% Faster Hit Recovery
    5% Chance of Open Wounds

And, I think I can probably make something better, but these armors will get 3os:
    Code:
    Loath Hide
    Breast Plate
    Defense: 76
    Durability: 33 of 50
    Required Strength: 30
    Required Level: 18
    Item Level: 3
    Fingerprint: 0x4091fd03
    +11% Enhanced Defense
    Damage Reduced by 9
    Magic Damage Reduced by 5
    10% Faster Hit Recovery
    Half Freeze Duration

16. GalaXyHaXz

Perhaps my luck streak was diminished, as most PvP i've done was never very intense. It was all about who could teleport and get their hit first, sometimes stunlock. PvP imo, needs to be more balanced. Magic damage needs a huge penalty, absorb does as well. It would also be nice had they introduced the unused "arena" mode.

I understand your PoV, and to be honest, I probably wouldn't go back to open bnet (see below). Mock duels are fun, but there are really nasty people on there who use hacks to kick you or town kill you, or crash you. It's a lot to put up with. I know the idea of "hacked duels" won't get support on here, but I figured it was worth throwing out. Hacked dueling can be just as much fun as unhacked, and it opens up so many possibilities. In my experiences it was the best dueling i've done. Sure, everything is created in a program, but it requires skill. You have to hit massive numbers and all the right breakpoints. It can be challenging. And you can make your character look as you wish, any color, any aura, etc. Its very aesthetically pleasing!

This is just one of many examples. There is also aura duelers, griefers, funky, and other builds.

This is the bad part about open. not sure if the program he's using still works. I remember using it though, very powerful in both good and bad ways.

17. Delsy

Delsy Diabloii.Net Member

Level 30, with lets say 1.13 items only sounds like fun. It would even the strenght of characters pretty significantly and thus make the pvp more attractive to new players.

18. DiabloTwoinDC

Boo! Boo! 1.07 itemz rule! :p

Edit: on a serious note, how do I tell the difference between 07 and 13 charms? I've forwarded a lot already.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  19. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

@Delsy Nice to see you around - That make three PvPers.

I was also thinking lvl30 duelling, without 1.07 items. 1.07 items could be allowed if the stats are the same as 1.10+ version.

20. GalaXyHaXz

What about, for the lolz, classic 1.00 duels? I mean I've been wanting to snag a few gg rares anyway. Could make some really interesting builds, that aren't quite as overpowered. (maybe)