PvP Zon suggestions??

DoC-Makaveli

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP Zon suggestions??

Hi, I want to make a pvp zon on nonladder... i dont care about pvm much... i was thinking i would use this:

stats:
str - low as possible to use wf and -reqs storm
dex - the rest (should be around 430 in my equip)
vit - 150 base (would be 210 w/ items)
energy - none

skills:
Guided - 20
Multi - 10
Crit Strike - 20
Pierce - 1
Penetrate - 1
Slow Missiles - 1
Jab - 1
Dodge - 14
Avoid - 20
Evade - 19 (next point didnt improve it a %)
Valk - 1 or 0 (is it really necessary for pvp purposes????)

items:
helm - Shako (ed/ias) -- Tal's Helm if I need res (ed/ias)
ammy - Cat's Eye
bow - Windforce (ed/ias)
jav - Titans (ethereal would be better of course)
shield - Storm (-reqs/ed)
armor - ed/60ias w/ Life
gloves - 20 ias/6LL/2 life rep/+1 Passives OR 20 ias/3LL/12 dex/28 fire res OR 20 ias/8 str/cold res/light res/+2 Passives (suggesions please???)
belt - verdungo's
boots - rare 30run/str/dex/res boots OR war travs (suggestions please???)
ring1 - Ravenfrost
ring2 - 18stat/10LL/27 light res OR 26stat/6 LL/light res (or maybe something else -- suggesions please???)
charms - Annihilus + 19x max dmg/life sc's + 20x max dmg/run sc's

Is this a good build for Zon vs. all? I'm pretty sure this will give me 8 fps shooting speed. (147 ias I believe?) Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

sJw_shan

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO the ideal armor for pvp zon is now low str req enigma. It will add str equivalent to your character's lvl, and this will allow you to create a zon with very low base strength. The other important feature is teleport of course. Standing/running and firing off guided won't help much against good pkers anymore. You'll need teleport to create distance between you and the enemy, so you can fire off a few volleys in a hit and run (teleport) attack. Also, if you're simply using guided and no actual javalin attacks besides jab, I would recommend making a vitazon instead of a heavier emphasis on dex. It helps in adding damage, but I think you'll need more hp instead, considering that with synergies and new weapons, pkers can deal a whole lot more damage now (compared to 1.09). Hope any of this helps.

Good luck with your build!

BT-LightDash

Diabloii.Net Member
1 point in all Prerequisites
20 points in critical strike
10 points in dodge
10 points in avoid
20 points in evade
1 point in decoy
1 point in valk
20 points into guided arrow
[if u do lvl up higher u can spent remaining skill points into dodge,avoid,whichever u prefer]

weapon 1:windforce socketed with shael
weapon 2: cta 1 handed with whistan's guard shield socketed with ber
ammy:cat's eye
ring1:raven frost
ring2:dwarf star/wisp projector or another raven frost[depending on your enemy]
boots:war traveler
belt: verdungos with 15 dr
armour: ed/60ias armour with 100 life
glove:dracul's
helm: crown of ages with 2 socket/15dr socketed with 2*ed/ias jewels

stats:[after u equip unique sc and all + stats items as much as possible]
enough str for equipment
enough dex for 75% block with whistan
rest into vitility
base energy

charms:
1 unique sc
enough 5fhr/resists sc to get to 86fhr frame recovery
if resists still arent maxed put a few life/resists sc's
1 290pdsc
rest with 3max/ar/life sc's and/or 3max/ar/frw sc's

you will shoot at 8 fps
have high life due to cta and heavy investment in vita
have 86fhr frame recovery/maxed resists
30 dr in bow mode / 38 dr in shield mode
Easily 3.5k+ damage with 70% of time doing double damage which is 7k+

not exactly a guide but it's a build that would do fine in pvp
any other questions pm me

1 very important thing i have noticed is that people put a few points in multishot[like 9-10 points] but i would say it's pretty useless in pvp now unless you use botd bow or is a dex zon
[either way,i don't like it since imo vitility>dex,wf>botd]
Guided arrow simply is the only attack u would ever need

DoC-Makaveli

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, with my build I would have about 1400 life... I think I will add like 50 more vit to make me 1550 (I will not use cta... and still have pretty high dmg..

Ok, I just found this shield on my mule and I think it may work well... it is a jeweler's shield of deflecting (3 sockets, 20% increased block, 30% faster block rate -- no str req of which to speak)... I could put 3x ber or some combination of bers/shaels maybe

I won't use 290(s) or CTA cuz they are so bm ~_~ If i use enigma, I would have a looooooow attack speed...

I thought about using crown of ages, but the str req is 174!!! i would have to add 40 str for it... I think I may be better off with a shako... but I think a good circlet would be ideal (+2 zon, run, reses) if i could get one [email protected]%!#$ -- i could also use ed/45ias helm if needed

do you think war travs are better than the rare? i was just using them for the res really (i also have 30 run/30 stat/40 fire res/29 light res if that would be better -- since cold res is quite useless)

BT-LightDash

Diabloii.Net Member
that jewelers shield is fine
notice thats y i said 1 290 pdsc =) 290 pd is ok imo in duels
as for Call to arms it's up to u most people use it u can replace it with a titans or nice jav and place 1 point into jab if u like

while i agree crown of ages does require high str,it's defintely worth it
u defintely would want to shoot at 8 fps if u do pvp :) and maintain a good amount of dr[also gives fhr and resists and most importantly 2 sockets etc]

war traveler is defintely better than rare boots with resists/stats
u should get your resists from charms and use war traveler