Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP WWsin help

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Groovehawg, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Groovehawg

Groovehawg IncGamers Member

PvP WWsin help

Rebuilding my WW dueler and just wanted to get some help on the skill point allocation

quick gear run-down:
    p facet shako
    metalgrid
    bramble archon (working on it)
    gores
    verdungos
    dual ravens
    trangs gloves
    chaos/fury suwayyah's w/+3 venom
    10 shadow charms, anni, various ar/life/max damage scs
    standard elemental/absorb gear in stash (kira's, tgods, infernostrides, jade)
    Obviously, i'm relying heavily on poison damage

100 max str/dex build w/gear so only spending 80 total points on these stats (have 20 stat anni) so 60 str, 20 dex, rest into vit

Known skill allocation points:
    20 Venom, 20 Fade, 10ish weapon block (60% being goal), 1 wof/mb for stun

I'd like to put as many points into flight as possible, and probably around 5 into blade shield to boost duration (this build lacks + to all skills). And I'll probably use a 1 point warrior over master.

The big question i have is how much do i need to spend in claw mastery? I'd be willing to give up a shadow charm or 2 for some heavy ar boosts grand charms, and just dont know if this would make up for the loss of ar from a maxed CM. Plus, my dex is pretty low, so not much of an ar boost there. Any WWers out there not maxing CM? At least, any w/o a full inventory of 3/20/xx?

2. mcm

mcm Banned

Why dont you want to max CM? You're not exactly starved of skill points.

If you have an AR problem against certain classes, angelic rings/ammy seems to be the best way to work around it. The only sacrifice these items bring are for non-melee characters for which you shouldn't need a huge amount of AR for. Personally, I don't care too much about CBF for a WW assn, it doesn't affect WW in a bad way at all.

3. Groovehawg

It's not that I don't want to max it...it's whether or not I need to max it. I'm just wondering if a couple of steel grand charms in inventory makes up for the ar? You're right though, I guess I have points to spare. I thought about the angelic ring/ammy combo, but it won't be possible with this build; I rely on the dex from the ravens to wear my suwayyahs.

Your stance on CBF surprises me. In pvm it's a boon, but in duels the extended duration in WW is a sure way to get killed.

4. Las-Vegas

Las-Vegas IncGamers Member

CBF is important for all builds... WW in a major way..

you dont need to max CM, and you can get the same amount of AR with a low lvl CM and a high AR+dex GC as you can get with max CM.

and with two ravens your AR will be fine for everything but WW barbs. you have to have angelic to beat them unless they mess up a lot.

my blade shield (lvl 1 base) last about a minute, enoughf or 1 duel. and im fine with that.

bramble is not the best armor for this build unless you plan on only using poison and not OW and from the gear, you obviously plan on using OW. you could try using an enigma breast pate (so you can use base str and close to base dex) meaning more life or you could go with 118 str (after mods from everything but armor) and use GA or nats armor depending on who you're dueling.

on a non-bos build, I find that enigma helps a lot with r/w issues.. just something to think about.

5. Groovehawg

Thanks for the info on the charms, vegas. And yes, this build does emphasize poison damage, but with the fury claw and gores im still sitting at an 81% chance of OW when I hit with that claw...more than enough I think.

I struggled with the bramble/enigma issue, but in the end I feel bramble is the best armor for the build. Potentially gives a huge bonus to poison, 50% FHR, mana boost and regen, plus welcome resists. And the only time I need faster r/w is against necros and hammerdins-magic damage dealers-so I just enable BoS anyway, fade being useless.

Still having problems killing any type of descent barb tho...and thats where I hope the extra poison damage from bramble will come in handy.

6. dxeptive

dxeptive IncGamers Member

first of all wots cbf? cant be fuked? lol

and groove hog, how are your resists in hell?
    resists are vital in duels..

7. Bjorgin

Bjorgin IncGamers Member

Cannot be frozen. Mind your language in these forums (haha)