PvP WW/Kick/Stun Assassin ---- v. 2.0

Zangeif

Diabloii.Net Member
I guess its not as much better as I thought but I still can't see using the CoA. I didn't want to bring the last ring up because it complicates everything a lot more, but obviously having the ability to go 2 x raven as your standard pubby setup, and having the ability to switch in a wisp or dwarf star helps a lot too.

I guess the resists are more important than I thought since you aren't using soul shanks with this build. Yoou could still hit 75 + stacked with 9 x 20/5 though.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Zangeif said:
I guess its not as much better as I thought but I still can't see using the CoA. I didn't want to bring the last ring up because it complicates everything a lot more, but obviously having the ability to go 2 x raven as your standard pubby setup, and having the ability to switch in a wisp or dwarf star helps a lot too.
I do have the ability to wear these rings, I just lose a cast frame. Which is a plus that using a valk has over me. I will say however that I almost never have to. I rarely need to switch rings.
Also, the skill issue with the DR still remains high on the concern list. Wearing a verdungo and only having 50 DR (35 or so otherwise) when doing so is a patchwork solution.

I guess the resists are more important than I thought since you aren't using soul shanks with this build. You could still hit 75 + stacked with 9 x 20/5 though.
I have to use some form of myrmiddon greaves for the kicking. The only res you REALLY need to stack heavily (i.e. more than perhaps 30 over max), occassionally, is light (from FoH/conviction). If you are going to stack cold (vs. blizz) then you have to do big gear changes as well, which I outline in my guide. If I'm stacking light, I will wear life/light res scs and get up to 11% LR at a pop. Also, I have a separate CoA and socketed jade for those special situations (with light res sockets). I use them almost never, though, and so far I doubt I'll even mention it in my guide. There is only one dueler I faced that could not be beaten w/o big stacking and that was a v/t pally whom I only see about 4 am in certain TW PK games. Heck, I'm not even sure if the guy is legit. So, I won't recommend equipment due to one hard duel, especially since I don't know what the guy uses. He never comes to town.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
General note:
This guide is built with the philosophy of doing as FEW equipment changes as possible. When I do a dueling game, I want to put on my primary equipment for that game and be able to do well w/o having to run to my stash for new equipment every time I duel someone different. Other than the occassional AR gear switch or T'Gods, I have tried to minimize required changes. Almost all of the people who duel end up doing mostly public games, since there just aren't any big private groups left. In a public game, you can have ffas, teams, and people who just jump you when you are weak after dueling someone else. You also have random traps and hits from people not even trying to hit you. If you are equiped to "duel melee", then some jerk sorc is going to swing through and kill you due to low res, etc. If you are equiped with all your res gear and some pally decides to take a swipe, you want full DR. Having to run to your stash to switch equipment on a per duel basis is both unrealistic and, in the end, pretty fricken annoying. It's just like people saying they will pre-buff their venom with bramble, 3/3 claws, shadow ammy, etc. After a couple times it just gets stupid. For a tourney, if it's allowed, then do it for sure. Otherwise, yuck. I want to be in a dueling game, kill a sorc, pop over and wax that necro that was observing, avoid (or kill) the smiter trying to slap me when I'm almost dead, and then still take out the annoying zon who hit me with a multishot 2 minutes ago. All without switching anything.

I'm not saying you won't do changes. Just that you won't do them all that often.

shadowwolfkb317

Diabloii.Net Member
ok can someone else help answer this question for me?
for this build, will i mess it up using suwayyahs or other claws besides runic talons and feral claws for speed?

Groovehawg

Diabloii.Net Member
shadowwolfkb317 said:
ok can someone else help answer this question for me?
for this build, will i mess it up using suwayyahs or other claws besides runic talons and feral claws for speed?

You won't hit the talon breakpoints with suwayyahs, so your kick speed will suffer...as will your trap-laying speed. Runic talons are a must. Yeah....it'd mess the build up.

shadowwolfkb317

Diabloii.Net Member
Groovehawg said:
You won't hit the talon breakpoints with suwayyahs, so your kick speed will suffer...as will your trap-laying speed. Runic talons are a must. Yeah....it'd mess the build up.
even feral is ok?

Groovehawg

Diabloii.Net Member
shadowwolfkb317 said:
even feral is ok?
With this build, I think you'd always want runics. Speed really is key here, and sometimes the only way you're going to hit talon breakpoints when using a Jade Talon off-hand (againsts sorcs and the like) is to pair it with a runic fury. Ferals are just too slow (actually, the damn Jade Talon's too slow).

Davie.

Diabloii.Net Member
One flaw imo this guide has (not build) is that it does not recommend merciless nking or give instructions on how to do so with minimal effort ie. like Blobs's guide =). If you want I can collaborate with you on this ^^.

Oniko

Diabloii.Net Member
Speedlander,

I have a couple requests:

I'm wondering if you could discuss the IAS breakpoints for this build. I finally got a CoA (a 12/28/2) which I socketed with matched 15 ias/5 res jewels. All that's left is a couple of Shadow Lifers, and a good FCR ring : )

I will say that getting to the 9 frame Trap-laying breakpoint made all the difference in the world when dueling charging paladins, and generally making my assassin less vulnerable when laying traps. However, that breakpoint is achieved (assuming 35+ IAS on your main runic talons, ie chaos or fury) with only 15 IAS. Your build recommends 30 IAS. Could you discuss this a bit please?

The second request I have would be a general list of which traps you use versus any given character. For example, I found, as your guide outlines, that using WoF instead of LS is the difference between life and death when dueling CS zons.

Finally, a common build you see on east is the E-Carap/E-Valor/CoA/Grief/Exile Paladin. It's a build that's so common that I'd love to hear some additional specific strategies you have against those builds.

Ever since I started playing Diablo, I've been an assassin enthusiast, with a level 94 PvM Tiger/Tail/Talon martial artist, and more recently a PvM trapsin. My PvP kicksin has yielded some of the most intense and fun playing I think this game has to offer, due to the intense focus, concentration, and micromanagement it requires in order to do well, so I thank you again for this guide.

Cheers

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Oniko said:
Speedlander,

I have a couple requests:
I'll be posting an updated guide in the next few days that will answer most of your questions I think. It won't be the final formatted guide but it will have the final revision on the information, barring a few minor fixes if anyone points out problems. This update incorporates several major changes, fixes, revamps and additions including some IAS discussion, additional class strategies, etc. It should help a lot.

I'm now officially retired from Diablo for good (don't even have the disks anymore) so this is my last major contribution on the subject.

LoVePlAyBoY

Diabloii.Net Member
wow

i'm utterlly blown away at 5 years since the games came that there still dedicated players like this

Props~~~

very detailed guide i learned alot from this guide

in terms of speaking of Guide writing this is Top 5 for sure.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
[QUOTE='22'Souljah]why and how?[/QUOTE]

Because it ended up being an unhealthy influence in my life. I've quit at least a dozen or more times in the last 5 years. This one is for good. I've neglected too many things for the sake of this game. It's my personality, I just can never do anything "a little bit". I'm too obsessive/compulsive. Time for a permanent change. I'll still post here because it's fun to comment, but my Diablo playing days are over, at least until Diablo 3 comes out or a second expansion is released.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
LoVePlAyBoY said:
wow

i'm utterlly blown away at 5 years since the games came that there still dedicated players like this

Props~~~

very detailed guide i learned alot from this guide

in terms of speaking of Guide writing this is Top 5 for sure.
Thank you very much. The final version will actually be a good deal better, IMO. Many improvements and updates. Fixed a few mistakes too.