Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP WolfBarb question

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by IVfluids, May 30, 2008.

1. IVfluids

IVfluids IncGamers Member

PvP WolfBarb question

So far, I am pretty happy with this build, actually did his first bit of dueling today and had pretty good success considering this is my first melee build. Although I am not sure how good the other guys actually were as it was on a pub, I think I will keep at it with this guy.

My biggest problem ended up being a smiter, I ended up about 2-6 against him. I am assuming smiters will always have the upper hand, but are there better ways to approach them?

If it helps, here is my gear:

3/6/6/6 Wolfhowl Shael
    13ED Scarab Husk Fort
    Rare Belt- 24FHR, 28Str, 35Life, 9FRes
    192ED Gore Rider
    35EDam SteelRends (working on acquiring better ones)
    147Base Storm Shield Shael
    223ED Gris Caddy 4x Shael
    Angelic Combo /w Rare Ring 7LL 6ML 92AR 29FRes

Duel Hoto Switch
    Nigma Prebuff
    BK+SoJ+Maras Prebuff
    Arach Prebuff
    3 WC GC Prebuff

Alternate Jewelry: Atmas Scarab, Duel Angelics, Ravenfrost

Varied Masteries Lifers, MD/AR/Life GCs, AR/Life scs, MD/AR/Life scs and a few res charms scs to make up for lacking res areas.

Atmas

All in all with charms and prebuff, I end up with just under 7600 life. I have a MaxDam/AR/FHR sc to put me over the breakpoint for FHR also.

Other question I have, what are the str req for up'ed gores? I am thinking about up'ing the pair I have if I don't have to invest str in to them. I was going to up my rare belt, but it would render the str bonus on them pretty useless as equipping the belt would put it at the top end of str requirements.

2. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

Re: PvP WolfBarb question

Looks like your PDR is not maxed -- only 35% from SS. As melee duel, you should max it out to not have any disadvantage over others.

For upped Gore, you should look at its upped version (Myrmidon Greaves), which requires 208 str. Then, since Gore has -25% req, it needs 208*(1-25%)=156 str

3. IVfluids

IVfluids IncGamers Member

Yah, I had about a three week debate on using a 15% SoE, Perf/NearPerf DR Dungoes or the rare belt that I am using. I decided to go with the rare for easy FHR and huge str bonus (which gives me more life in turn).

I am looking more for an idea of how to actually approach them.

4. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

I would really ditch the rends... CB really doesnt do that much in pvp, the str isnt helping all that much, and the ed is barely noticable imo. Dracs are a far better choice, and if you really want fhr, ditch the rare, go with bloodfist/dungo/SoE so you get that 50% dr.

Everything else looks fine to me, and yes, you will always have a problem against smiters. Theyre just rather difficult to beat, even with different set ups.

-BLoke

5. vknez

vknez IncGamers Member

doom in off hand maybe can help, also cleglaw gloves for extra slow on target

6. NewForumBloke

Have you tried that before vknez? I mean techncially smite is going to hit you shield or no sheild, but missing all that dr from ss just seems like it be terrible thing to do.... im definately curious though, especially if that strategy works...

7. vknez

vknez IncGamers Member

actually didnt tried yet cause i made doom for him just recently. holy freeze+25 % sounds like bad news for smiter despite loss of 35 % damage reduction

8. NewForumBloke

Well, if maybe you used a Shaft to try to make up for some of the dr loss (assuming you havent made a enigma based wolfbaba lol) that might help some. Id say a eth up'd zod'd but the extra def really isnt going to help since smite is auto hit lol...