Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Wind Druid Helm Question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Hex, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

PvP Wind Druid Helm Question

Ok ive always been a big fan of shako but here is my question:

Delirum runeword in a nice 3 socket druid pelt with +3 Hurricane, +3 Tornado, +3 Oak Sage.

i know that stats would be very hard to find dont you think the stats on Delirium would be nice?? +2 to all skill levels stands out very nicely.

Delirium or be stubborn and use Shako??? big question if i want to get the Lem and Ist rune for this and find a suitable helm, even though my shako is just laying around.

2. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

well, in a delirium helm you have some potentially interesting mods. 2 all skills is a big one along with other potential pluses. However, iirc, you can't get oak sage and hurricane on the same helm. I think that the plus skills have to be within 12 level requirements of each other. However, shakos dr, big plus mana and life, 2 all skills, and minute stats make it a better helm in almost all cases. for pvm, it also has the nice 50% mf, and can get other mods depending on what you socket in it. You also don't have to worry about becoming dog food, I mean a bone fetish thanks to the delirium ability on it. Just some thoughts.

--welt

3. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Forget this delirium. Its power is in chance to do "confuse". PVP its usless.

Best Helm GODLY RARE Pelt. GL
    Jala's Mane
    Shako
    Ravenlore

Shako's got nice DR but it isnt neccessary.
    Verdungo's Belt and SS reaches the max 50% dmg reduction cap.

Meanwhile look at Jalal's mane. Every stat there is useful in achieiveing the best pvp druid possible. 20 str is great because then you only need around base 77 str for an ENIMGA, MANE, and SS.

4. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Delerium aint bad at all...

3/3/3 is pretty rare but if you find one, thats a godly helm. And I dunno about the lvl 12 difference thingy cause I seen a barb delerium with 3/3/3 and I'm pretty sure one was shout and another whirl wind. Someone would have to double check this.

Also delerium gives +2 all skills which boosts battle orders while +2 druid doesnt.

I would use one over shako in a heartbeat if I could find a 3/3/3 helm. Till then, Jahals is superior in my eyes for fhr, resists, 20 str.

Also the 10% to cast lvl 14 mindblast when hit is awsome in pvp because mindblast auto casts no matter where your hit from. So even a zon 2 screens away will get stunned if she shoots you. Also lvl 14 Mindblast has a pretty decent duration, and with 5 ravens flying around, a bear or wolves, and hurrican/tornadoe, you can stunlock anyone once it casts MB. Thats like a 10% chance to automatically win your duel.

And personally I think the 1% to cast delerium is HILARIOUS. How funny would it be to turn into a tiny little bonemidget running around. I wonder if you can still cast spells while ur transformed, I know it boosts ur runwalk by like 200%. But 1% is so minimal that this nearly never happens :(

5. Burnt_toasty

Delirium is great but turning sucks big time. All you can do is normal melee attack. You cant even block so your basically a sitting duck. For a windy thats just not the way to go. And it happens more often than you'd imagine for being 1 percent because thats like 1 every 100 hits you take. Thats nothing, because you take that many hits every game just about. If you dont beleive me make a game and count how many times you get hit. The duration is unbearable at times also.

The mindblast has a pvp penalty.

You cant stun lock. That term is gone with the arrival of 1.10. No longer possible.

Also, the +2 to all from shako or delirium is only useful for BO if he actaully owns a CTA. But even then, you are telling me you'd sacrifice 30%fhr, 20str, 20 energy, 30 resist all for 6% more life? Thats not realistic, nor a wise idea as a windy is caster and should be range based, therefore, afraid of elemental more. I guess you could pre-buff.

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Nt..
    More damage on windy = overkill. I don't notice a huge diff between 6 ele charms and zero.
    Best for me
    Shako (life, bonus to CTA, dr, etc)
    Jalal (only + over shako is fhr and resist, which you really don't need if you think about it)
    Godly pelt, ie, +3 elemental, 3 hurricane 3 nado 3 cyclone?
    Ravenlore (bleschlarf)
    If you use verdungos you're giving up +1 skill and 20fcr, not worth it imo.
    Not a big diff between 103 str and 77 str. I like people to see my gear.
    Wind druid is about style man, if I just wanted to win I'd go make a necro and be like 'rofl bbq i ownzor u with my 5k unresistable bs!' but nah.

7. StormGuy85

StormGuy85 IncGamers Member

I didn't bother reading all the replies. I'm just going to comment on some things.

First off, a pelt (and most items for that matter) can have a maximum of 8 skill points. So you could have +3 hurricane, +3 tornado, and +2 something else. Oak sage is too far of level difference between it and hurricane so that would be impossible. You'd need something that requires level 18 or greater.

Also, the +2 druid helmet with huge absorb is probably your best bet in pvp.

8. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

You are smart, and I applaud you.

But I disagree with RavenLore, I think Jalals is the best possible unique helm.

9. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

nt.
    Shako is way more life and mana.
    You don't need the fhr or resists that badly over like Um shako or something.
    DR is important especially if you consider that you would have to trade arachnid for verdungos which is 20fcr and 1 skills, which leads to needing rings or something for fcr to reach just 66 -.- annoying.

10. ReallFugitive

Yeah it adds life and mana, but thats about all it has going for it. I would not put a UM in shako anyway. For a good build the possibilities of using Jalals far outweigh the 130 life shako adds. Where are you getting your FHR from? I'm too pooped to argue this out, I'll think of some good points later.

11. Burnt_toasty

I dont get whats so hard. You are gearing to go pvp right? Well if so spend some resources and craft some caster ammies for gosh sakes. I mean look, HOTO, MAGEFIST, is already 60%. THe breaks are 68 then 99. So by default if you cant reach 99 which usually requires sacrifices you aim for 68%. Are you telling me you Cant craft a +2 ammy with 8% fcr but you can afford a hoto? Thats just silly.

Seriously how are you gonna get your resist even up there? You'll get owned by anything elemental and you've got no hit recovery.

12. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

night wings veil i think would be good too.. +cold dmg% and +2 to all

13. Burnt_toasty

I guess maybe. But not really. If your gonna stand there and hope Hurricane is gonna kill them in pvp then you got some major issues.

Besides, its sooooo UGLY. Not even a possiblity for me. =)

14. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

im just gonna stick with my shako till i find my godly 3 hurricane/3 nado/3 cyclone 3 sock druid helm.

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

K, look, read my guide first.
    Second, when you go for fcr rings or ammys you're sacrificing +skill.
    Shako adds more life and mana, and the bonus to CTA, which isn't on jalal.
    So does maras, +2 all adds a lot of life compared to +2 druid ;)
    I have maxed resists in hell with only minor amounts of charms..I don't know.
    38 hoto
    23 maras (lol)
    13 shako
    20 anni
    30 anya
    ss, trang glove, aldurs all for resist and the rest is charms
    Saying a wind druid will get owned by elemental is just stupid.
    And honestly, I realize fhr should be a big deal but it's not.
    I have tested about 5 fhr and about 80+ fhr, and the characters that would stunlock me with 5 would still stunlock me at 80, it's really not a big difference.

16. Burnt_toasty

Fenris,
    I respect your guide. I direct people there in fact. But dont be stubborn and keep an open mind. A wind druid is nothing special or complicated. I sincerely hope your not using "I wrote a guide" as the end all debate statement. We are talking about twinking aren't we? And if your twinking verdungo's/jala is better IMO.

If your gonna quote me and say read my guide then realize that crafting an ammy is cheap and extremely effective. Perhaps you dont realize how easy the ammies are to get +2 skills, fcr, all resist, regen mana. The recipe alone gaurentees 5%-10% fcr. +2 Skills requires only a bit of luck and a decent level character. FAR easier to craft one of these ammy's than to find any high rune, also far easier and cheaper.

I wrote alot then deleted it because I dont want to get off topic. Look simple issue is this. Shako and spiderweb is what you are favoring. Fine, then I will say why not Jala and spiderweb then.

---------------Level 75 comparison recommend hell level-----------------
    Shako w/resist jewel say 15 has more this:
    112 mana
    112 life
    2% dmg reduction

Jala w/ Ber has more this:
    16 energy = 32 mana [diff of 80 to shako]
    16 str = 32 life
    15% resistance
    30% faster hit recovery.
    150+ more defense

Since mana isnt a problem. You can dump the mana part. We assume everything else, gearwise is identical so lets say you get +2 BO
    more from the 80 which is 6% more life = 84 life.

So final figures:

84 more life
    2% more dmg reduction

15% more resistance
    30% faster hit recovery.
    150+ more defense
    AND I LOOK COOL!!!!

Its definitely opinion based if you ask me. BUT i think alot of people will agree that the stats look much better on the Jala's

17. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Ber is more expensive then shako, jalals, and spiderweb.
    15 resist is not needed
    fhr is not needed (from all I've ever seen in every duel I've been in)
    150 defense is not going to help, you don't have a source of e/d like a barb or bear so it's really nothing.
    Life, and dr are needed.
    If you have to switch out a +2 fcr ammy then you lose even more life.
    And switching between Jalal and Shako loses me about 200-300 life.

18. Burnt_toasty

Hey fenris,
    I wont argue. It gets no where. But if you are going PvP you should be twinking. If you dont then your not reaching your potential. The reason why your prolly losing so much life compared to what I write is because you didn't twink your stats for max efficency. Jalal's give 20 str which allows wearing engima which allows .....

We left the other factors/items debate out of this one. We are simply talking about helmets now. Look, the post is asking for a PvP Helmet choice. I decided to stay on track and answer his question. With identical setup everywhere except the helmet is the comparison we need to do. SHAKO vs JALA. And if the man cant afford a BER rune why are you listing 20 resist anni charms, reists jewels/charms, hoto, etc.... The expense of of these cost more than your ber. He did say PvP and twinking again would mean that BER is not expensive but normal. You are dueling after all.

That said and done why dont you readover my post comparison helmet to helmet. I really think that Jala and Shako are tied but Jala's is a tiny bit better for pure fighting.

19. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Lol, my anni charm is 1-10-20-8, not exactly the greatest.
    Resist jewel was found off norm baal minions.
    Charms can be found anywhere..I have several 6 resist scs.
    Hoto is not as hard now that runes are duped on ladder as well.
    I'm just saying it's stupid to pay for a ber in jalal when shako is better
    The reason I'm losing so much life is that bo affects the life addition on shako ;)
    You counted the life from bo, but not the life shako gives, so in reality you're losing about 200+ life.
    The only reason to ever use jalals is for fhr and it just isn't enough difference to make up for 200ish life.
    Twinking is stupid, I want people to see my gear.
    If someone with the same build but cut corners on strength beats me, then I will admit it's better, but so far no. :D

20. ReallFugitive

Thanks Burnt toasty, you argued my argument for me hehe. Anyway I have a Ber'ed shako, ber'ed whits, and enigma on my wind druid. If I could do it over agian I would most definately choose a Ber'ed Jalals over Ber'ed Shako. Damage reduce is not too much important because melee that duels usually isnt too much of a threat. Only thing damage reduce is good for is Charger'dins and kickasins. If you're good every other class you duel agianst you just about wont get hit or will have eneough life to wear them down before they can get you. The 130 life shako adds is trivial because it doesn't get boosted by OakSage, maybe by battle orders but im not factoring that in since you said ber was hard to acquire but you figure in high cta? Jalals adds 20 str, so thats 40 life, then if your sage is near maxed, like mine (32) thats 185%(40)=74+40=114 Life. Lets also not forget the 5% from enigma so you can figure in another 2-3 hitpoints there. I know sage doesnt always last the whole duel but it is recastable and can usually distract minions or block foh.

So really Shako has +2 skills (jalals has +2 dru +2 shapeshift, good if you want to play PVM shockbear) +mana (which isnt really needed since like you said you have sojs, even though jalals gives +20 ene not much but, it helps), 10% DMG reduce (Not really that needed, hardly duel melee classes that can get ontop of you, but a good build will have Ber'ed Jalals, different from your 15% resist jewel which jalals will still have 15% more resists ontop of you if you waste a socket on a jewel like that, you are obviously lacking resists) 2+stats (essentially 9 life) +130 life (jalals is only lacking here by about 14 hitpoints, but it wins overall by 2% less dr, 30% more fhr 15% more resists. I don't know about you but I definately notice a difference when im dueling agianst necros and trappers. I can walk out of their traplock and I have a chance to drop an attack on them after I take a hit. Maybe its because I also have high life and they have a harder time sending me into hit recovery.