Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PvP Wind Druid: Block vs No Block

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Balay, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Balay

Balay IncGamers Member

PvP Wind Druid: Block vs No Block

I'm planning to have a pvp windy with 99% FCR and FHR. I'll be using a stormshield, but I'm debating whether or not block would be necessary or not. Will summon stacking (with 5 wolves or bear?) be enough to block out a barb/sin's whirlwind, stop a charger from continuously charging me, and stop an onslaught of arrows from a bowazon? Or should I sacrifice the 150+ dex (which I could be spending on vitality) just to get block?

The life difference is quite big I would think. I have calculated with max block my druid will have a bit less than 2k life. I've heard people talking about their druid saying they're 'mediocre' and they have around 4k life. My main worry is about life.

Thanks, the forum go-ers i've seen so far have been very helpful when I browse the forums :clap:

2. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

I have played both and currently use a vita build. Bear & 5 wolves work great for minion stacking against a ww barb etc. only if you play your druid like a caster, if you stand there and spam without block you are dead. Also a druids, and especially a vita druids worst enemy is a ww barb with lvl 20 + leap that seperates your minions.

IMO Vita all the way and play like a caster, SS for barbs certain sins and a few zons, if on ladder spirit for everything else.

Good luck and most of all have fun

3. Balay

Balay IncGamers Member

thanks for the input. How does a druid get to 4k+ life? I've noticed a druid (well he told me) that he has 135 dex with items. This will give him a decent amount of block, but definetly not 75%. So if I just pumped dex to 60% ? and then put the rest in vitality would that be a better choice?

4. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

try and use a circlet instead of fcr rings to reach 99% fcr with ss. druids benefit from + skill in many ways.

5. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

IMO choose one or the other. Max block with SS (Ber'd) or all vita. if you can become good at teleing and recasting, etc. then go all vita.

My ladder windy gets: (all vita) with +6 CTA and 99/99 breakpoints

Melee dueling with SS ber'd to get (50% PDR - it does help here), etc. 5900 damage and 6346 life. For ww barbs & some sins but not usually and a few zons.

**I used to use +5 nado helm but the extra damage which was 500 over jalal's was not worth the extra damage IMO so I went back to Jalal's with 2 setups on jalal's (melee = sheal) (casters and all others = Jah'd) so it was easier to get max resists with small lifers/resis charms.**

caster dueling with spirit monarch I use one 10% FCR ring with 19 str and ** mana and a BK ring (for the +1 skill and 45 life), Jah'd jalal's and bloodfist gloves and I get 6457 damage with 6989 life. I will get rid on my bad 31 lifer for a 38+ to get the 7000. Also my druid is lvl 93 which gives me one more lvl to finish and an added 5 stat points into vita and one more into oak.

if you can not get good lifer's then the option of using the 20% FCR helm is optional like stated above yet it is real real real hard to beat the 30% FHR, 30 resist all and +20 str jalal's offers. Real hard. Even the godly helms only really help if you get an ultra rare one then it is still sorta a debate.

Hope that helps.

Go max block with SS (225 dex at lvl 94 & remember to add your items which may save some of those dex points for vita) or if on ladder especially go all vita. Choose one or the other, do not go inbetween it is not worth it IMO

6. PlasmaDragon

PlasmaDragon IncGamers Member

what kind of gcs you got?? trade me your gcs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

for melee bvc and all ww barbs I use 2 12% FHR grands & one small 5% FHR/11 Fire res and all the rest 19/20 life - 10-11% Res light or fire, and 8 grands with 40 - 31 life. For casters I switch my items as stated above and use 10 31-40 lifers and switch out the one small 5% FHR for a 20 life/10-11% FR or LR smalls.

That is my charm setup, at lvl 94 with Jalal's (jah'd) I should be able to get 7000+ life and do 6457 damage with my current setup. My lifers on grands are something like this 42(1), 40(3), 38(1), 37(2), 36(1), 35(1), 31(1) my real bad one, and 2 12% FHR ones.

Smalls are all 19-20 lifers with 10-11% either fire or light res and a 5% FHR one.

thats it, took forever to get for season 2 in ladder but I do not think ladder is falling until D3 so I just concentrated on one chr.