PvP Widowmaker Pally?

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
PvP Widowmaker Pally?

Could a PvP bow pally with widowmaker work?

wep: perfect eth zod'd widowmaker
armor: fort ds // enigma ds // duress ds
helm: ber/40/15 coa
gloves: draculs
boots: gores
belt: verdungo's
ring: bk
ring: raven
ammy: highlords
switch: 6 bo cta // spirit
Inventory: anni, ptorch, 4 5 fhr/5 res sc's. 3 20 life/5 res sc's, 30 3/20/20's

Item to consider: Giant Skull Bone Visage. Knockback might help against smiters/chargers and other melee.

Goals:

-4k life
-4k max damage with fort
-3k max damage with enigma
-50% fhr (5 frame bp) with nigma/fort
-90% fhr (4 frame bp) with duress
-75% deadly strike
-35% open wounds with nigma/fort
-68% open wounds with duress
-9 fpa attack (max you can get on pally with bow)

i would also love to get some amd damage somewhere

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
The cool thing is i only need fanatacism so i can make him a charger too.

I also can put on a eth perfect lacerator and get 5k throws.

Kiba

Diabloii.Net Member
It might make a good anti caster build.

maybe load up on elemental damage sc's and poison sc's and get a crafted Open wound belt.

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh silly me. Well then i can get a perfect one and 40/15 it, which gives me 3323 max damage at 9 fpa with guided arrow. and then i dont have to put that 40/15 in helm.

and with 75% deadly strike, thats 6646 dmg, which is 1129 after PvP penalty. So sorcs will be dead in a couple hits. Against people with 50% dr, thats still 564 damage per hit, and it "always hits."

I figure fort will be the best armor for the most part, since i dont have any fcr for tele. Duress would be for the open wounds, but i dont know how effective that is with ranged weapons in pvp.

nickedoff

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh silly me. Well then i can get a perfect one and 40/15 it, which gives me 3323 max damage at 9 fpa with guided arrow. and then i dont have to put that 40/15 in helm.
How did you calculate that?

It isn't as good as it sounds. Make it and see.

Edit - Oh, I just noticed the 32020s. Much luck getting those. x_x

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
ya. Perfect ed with 40 more is 240 on widowmaker. The base weapon damage is 59. So that translates into 200 weapon damage. Plus 90 from 30 3/20/20s. Thats 290.

Then a lvl 27-29 fanat, hopefully 200 dex, and 300 from fort.

And then ill be getting deadly strike 75% of the time.

Now i need a form of amp damage. I know there is gavel of pain you can put on switch. But ill have my cta and spirit for life. So where else can i get amp?

And i was thinking of having a perfect eth lacerator with that shield with 350-400% ed in stash. I can use this against melee with good holy shield for 75% block and much more defense. And lacerator gets amp damage.

And then i can charge some.

I could also put a ebotd tm on switch with bow and get a like 30k damage charge.

So i think ill max fanat and maybe 10-15 into holy shield.

Basically, the question is where to put skill points. Charge/vigor/might? smite? Zeal/sacrafice?

zeiris

Diabloii.Net Member
Resists? Too lazy to check your charms math, sorry if I'm wrong :p

Imo, you need a) survivability b) a non-range attack skill. How will you deal with a charger or WWbarb of any kind? Arrows and charge fill too similar a niche to make a useful hybrid, imho... Kinda like going lightning+fireball, but with the same element type. Hammers are well-known for being great even with "low" (ie non-16K) damage and counter the exact kind of chars that will be problematic for you - WWbarbs, smiter/chargers.

Smiter hybrid is an option too - maxed fanat anyways... Dunno enough about smiters to talk about how smite/GA synergises though. Other crazy hybrids are probably possible - zeal, foh (4T shield = no block unless they use a jmod) ... Throw? lol, get some crazy eth cruel replenishing IAS spears and you get a 2 frame max block switch that still deals out damage with a spatula.

Bowzons will be a problem for the hammerdin. WW barbs for the smiter. All I can think of...

Idea: I saw a bowdin use vigor once. Knowing how screwy weapon switching is, that may be a good idea for quick dodging when combined with enigma/40FRW boots/maybe catseye/whatever. Also, hammer synergy!!

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
Here's a teleport setup i've been thinking about:

Goals:

-2300+ damage (before deadly strike and amp damage)
-4000+ life
-4 frame fhr (90% fhr from gear)
-10 frame fcr (80% fcr from gear)
-75% deadly strike
-9 fpa attack

Weapon: Widowmaker with 40/15 // gavel of pain
Armor: Enigma DS
Helm: 08 Valk with Um
Gloves: Trang's
Boots: Gore Riders
Belt: Arachnids
Ring: Raven
Ring: Rare 10% fcr ring with resists
Ammy: Highlords
Inventory: anni, ptorch, combination of fhr/res all/life/max damage in charms

Prebuff:

Weapon: 6 BO CtA
Armor: Enigma DS
Shield: Spirit Monarch
Helm: Shako
Belt: Arachnids
Ring: SoJ
Ring: SoJ
Ammy: Mara's
and an Anni, for a total of a level 20 BO. Then maybe Wisp Projector or whatever that ring is for level 5 oak sage.

Problem is, i can't find spots to put resists.

stuslegend

Diabloii.Net Member
WO WO , hold on just a second here......
did u just say ETH zod'd widow maker??:shocked: ?????!!!!!!!!! :shocked:

ur res/dr are gonna be really low = this is gonna kill just as many people as an aura sorc....(not many at all!)

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, my inventory could look like this:

-Anni
-PTorch
-25 20 life/5 resists SCs
-2 3/20/20 SCs
-10 3/20/5 fhr SCs

This plus 15 res/7 fhr jewel in valk gives me almost maxed resists in hell.

So i would shoot at 9 fpa, have a 4 frame fhr, 10 frame fcr tele, 105% fr/w, and somewhere around 2000 max damage.

Now i don't have any PDR, but i'll have a ber/ber CoA in stash as well as verdungos, which is 46%, if i feel i need it against certain opponents.

With amp damage on my opponent from gavel of pain, as well 75% deadly strike, i'll be able to kill my fair share of people... or so i think lol

MrGoth

Diabloii.Net Member
*you can shoot a guided arrow, run and hit weapon switch with lacerator & say lanceguard {deadly strike shield}. If the arrow hits the guy then the modes from the current weapon/shield are used instead of the bow {losses the bows deadly, but gains amp + open wounds + shields deadly}.

Old zon trick, still works i think.

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
You should read the ranger build guide. It is a pally with bow and aura. I build one with lvl 38 holy shock + widow maker. It gets 8k damage from bow along with 1-2k from aura pulses. I switched to grief most of the time as it hits lots faster, does more physical damage and I can use a shield.

It would be better to use conviction aura for -150 to resists, 2 dreams for lvl 30 holy shock, max resist lightning for seriouse holy shock damage and widowmaker.

Calizzar

Diabloii.Net Member
I picked fanaticism over holy shock because with holy shock i have no way of lowering their resists, and fanaticism is much faster.